LUM – Tackling Basic Human Needs in 2021
Lafayette Urban Ministry is happy to report that 2,106 unique individuals and low-income households were assisted so far in 2021. All throughout the pandemic, LUM has nurtured and educated children, sheltered families, fed the hungry, supported the legal immigrant, and helped our neighbors experiencing homelessness become more self-sufficient.
Thanks to your love and generous support, LUM continues to make Greater Lafayette a better place for all of its citizens.
LUM 2021 Impact So Far:
- 1,433 – Good Samaritan Program visits for housing, utility and health-care requests
- $134,073 – Amount of Good Samaritan Fund assistance disbursed
- 229 Total Children served:
- 1,110 Visits to LUM Food Pantries
- 101 Immigration Clinic cases
- 104 ID Clinic cases
- 6,139 Stays at the Emergency Shelter
- 280 – Emergency Shelter & Winter Warming Station — number of individuals served
- 3 Emergency Shelter guests provided housing through the New Opportunity Fund
- 187 Households provided free Tax Assistance
Thank you for your continued support of the LUM mission with your donations and service as a volunteer. LUM could not provide these programs and services without you.