There are many different opportunities for volunteering, from working one-on-one with a child in Youth Programs to helping out at the 48-bed Emergency Shelter for individuals experiencing homelessness. Some volunteer positions require training, others require only a willing heart and a helping hand.
ASSISTANCE Programs – training provided
- Financial Assistance Program – Volunteer
- Immigration Clinic – Volunteer
- Tax Assistance Program – Volunteer
- Jubilee Christmas – Volunteer
- Food Rescue – Volunteer
- Protein Food Pantry (Thursday mornings) – Jan. – June | July – Dec.
- Westside Food Pantry (Friday mornings) – Volunteer
- Community Thanksgiving Feast – Information | Volunteer | Prepare Food
- To-Go Meals – Sign Up
- Emergency Shelter (Every night) – Overnight Volunteers | Providing Meals
- Deep Cleaning – Ray Ewry Center (Monthly) – Sign Up
- Winter Warming Station (Nov. – April: every night) – Providing Meals
There are opportunities to fit every schedule, from regular long-term commitments such as being an advocate once a week with the Immigration Clinic, Financial Assistance Program or ID Clinic — or doing data entry at the LUM Food Pantries or intake for our shelter guests each weekday — to annual events such as Hunger Hike, LUM Camp, Community Thanksgiving Feast, Turkey Trot 5K Run, Gala of Hope fundraising event or Jubilee Christmas.