Turkey Trot 5K Run
Be a part of the annual Turkey Trot 5K Run on Thanksgiving morning.
| Thursday, November 23, 2023 | 8:30 a.m. | Cattail Trail Loop – Celery Bog Nature Area |
| Registration: Adult $35; Youth $10 |
The LUM Turkey Trot 5K Run is open to runners of all ages and abilities and welcomes runners, walkers, dogs, strollers, wagons, turkey hats and more. The Turkey Trot 5K convenes at the Connection Point Church in West Lafayette and follows the Cattail Trail Loop — which is completely flat and paved and allows participants to run on a scenic route through the Celery Bog nature area on a crisp November morning.
Advanced registration is encouraged but race day walk-ups are welcome!
All Turkey Trot 5K proceeds directly support the programs and services offered by Lafayette Urban Ministry.
What To Know – If You’re Going to Turkey Trot
Here is some important information if you are participating in the LUM Turkey Trot 5K Run. If you want to avoid standing in line, register in advance (see above) & pick up your run packet in advance. Details are as follows:
- Location: Turkey Trot staging area is in the parking lot of Connection Point Church, 2541 Cumberland Ave, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (Map)
- Connection Point Church, 2541 Cumberland Ave, West Lafayette, IN 47906 (Map)
- Course: Cattail Trail Loop – Celery Bog Nature Area. View route map, click HERE
- Times — Day of Run
- Check-In 7:30 – 8:15 a.m.
- Race time 8:30 a.m.
- Packet Pick Up
- TUESDAY (November 21) 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the LUM Office (420 N 4th Street, Lafayette)
- WEDNESDAY (November 22) 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the LUM Office (420 N 4th Street, Lafayette)
- At the Run: THURSDAY (November 23) 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. in the Turkey Trot staging area in the Connection Point Church parking lot
- Awards: Trophies will be given to the top three (3) overall men, women, and youth. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men and women in each age division will have certificates mailed to them after the race.
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION, click HERE
- Fees: $35 Adult; $10 Youth (13 years old or younger)
- Waiver & Release, to view the click HERE
Registration Form — click HERE. Participate in the Turkey Trot 5K Run even if you’re Out of Town – prefer running on a treadmill – are not a runner – or just want to Sleep-in –- and make a difference as a Turkey Trot 5K Run Virtual Runner. Virtual Runners will receive a Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt and will be listed in the final results as a supporter of the Turkey Trot 5K Run.
Runner Benefits & Prizes:
- Official Turkey Trot T-SHIRT – All eligible Turkey Trot 5K Run participants can receive a special Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt. Anyone registering by November 10 is guaranteed a shirt; those registering after this date may get a shirt at packet pick-up while supplies last.
- Snacks – Participants will be provided with water and a snack before and following the race.
- Medals – The top three men, women, and youth will receive recognition & a medal after the race.
- Chip Timing – The race will be electronically timed using computer chip technology recording their race time as they cross the timed finish line. Results will be available upon completion of the race and posted on the LUM website soon after the race.
If you cannot attend the race but would still like to make a tax deductible donation to Turkey Trot 5K Run, please click the button below
Sign up to volunteer at Turkey Trot 5K Run event online, click HERE
Thank our event sponsors — and support their businesses, please.
Turkey Trot 5K Run event sponsors, list HERE
2022 Race RESULTS — Turkey Trot 5K Run