Hunger Hike – THIS SUNDAY
Join the Fight Against Hunger
Join us for Hunger Hike 2021 and support the important work of Lafayette Urban Ministry, Food Finders Food Bank, and the Haiti Mission at St. Thomas Aquinas. Even as the US economy begins to recover from the effects of the pandemic, millions of people are still out of work, facing eviction, and struggling to put food on the table.
The need is as great as ever, and YOU can be part of the solution. Sign up now, and HELP FIGHT HUNGER! Let’s beat last year’s record and raise $125,000 for the hunger relief efforts locally, regionally & globally. Hunger Hike details are as follows:
- Challenge Week – September 12 to September 19
- Set a personal challenge and share it with your supporters: walk 100 steps, bike 100 miles, fast for 2 days, go without meat for a week, or
- SNAP Challenge – Take the SNAP Challenge and try to feed your family on the average SNAP benefit of $30 a person for the week.
- Kick Off Event – Sunday, September 19 at 1 p.m. join us in Riehle Plaza for our annual celebration and 3K walk. Enjoy:
- Live MUSIC from Briton Wiese, former LUM shelter director
- ZUMBA with Studio b, clowns, face painting, balloon animals, massages, and a hotdog picnic
- And NEW this year, pose for photos with our three costumed princesses
- Three Easy Ways to sign up:
For more information, check out our short video, “How to Set Up your Hunger Hike Fundraising Page.”
It’s only three weeks to Hunger Hike.
Why wait? Start a team and start raising funds. Get started TODAY!
Chipotle Night (THIS Tues, Sept. 21)
Benefiting the LUM Students
Eat your favorite burrito bowl and support the LUM Youth Programs. Take a night off from cooking, go to Chipotle Mexican Grill (4030 South St., Lafayette) and LUM earns 33% of your order with the coupon above.
- To Go — App & Online Orders for Pick Up
- Dine In — Dining Room & Patio Seating
Chipotle is also including “online orders for pickup” for the LUM fundraiser. This means YOU will be able to place your orders for pickup either through the Chipotle app or website, skipping the line and maintaining safe social distancing guidelines. Online orders will require a custom code to be used during checkout to be counted —
LUM’s online code: 4Z46N4N
Join us at Chipotle (South Street, Lafayette, IN) on…
- Tuesday, September 21 from
- 5 – 9 p.m.
- — and the LUM After School Program gets 33% of all orders, if you present this COUPON (pictured).
It’s easy! Print the coupon or show it on your phone, order your favorite Chipotle meal (burritos, burrito bowls, tacos, salads or kids meals), don’t forget to get chips, guac’, and a drink — and LUM gets 33%. So — plan to eat out on Tuesday, September 21 — all for a GREAT CAUSE — the students enrolled in the LUM After School Program.