Double Your Donations to LUM – November ONLY
Neil Klemme State Farm Insurance Agency of West Lafayette is offering a “$3,000 Match Donation” in support of LUM. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to “double your donation” to LUM and increase your impact on strengthening local families thanks to the generosity of Neil Klemme Insurance Agency.
It’s simple — click the “Make A Donation” button below, make a donation by November 30, and Neil Klemme Insurance Agency will match it up to $3,000.
All money will benefit local children & families through the LUM Jubilee Christmas program. Jubilee Christmas is a special LUM program for families with children ages 12 and under. Families who participate in Jubilee Christmas are invited to a host site and are able to select new toys for their children. Families also receive some food items to make their Christmas dinner more special. This year, 617 local families are registered for Jubilee Christmas, impacting 1,766 children.
This is an exciting partnership because Neil Klemme State Farm Insurance Agency is a local business. LUM is very fortunate and sincerely grateful to have this support from Neil Klemme State Farm Insurance Agency.
Turkey Trot 5K Run
Thursday, November 28
Register – Click HERE
Be a part of the annual Turkey Trot 5K Run on Thanksgiving morning at 8 a.m. on the Cattail Trail Loop – Celery Bog Nature Area. Registration: $35 Adult; $10 Youth
The LUM Turkey Trot 5K Run is open to runners of all ages and abilities and welcomes runners, walkers, dogs, strollers, wagons, turkey hats and more. The Turkey Trot 5K convenes at the Walmart in West Lafayette and follows the Cattail Trail Loop — which is completely lat and paved and allows participants to run on a scenic route through the Celery Bog nature area on a crisp November morning.
Advanced registration is encouraged but race day walk-ups are welcome!
All Turkey Trot 5K proceeds directly support the programs and services offered by Lafayette Urban Ministry.
TT5K Run Information:
- Register — Online, click HERE until 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27
- Fees: $35 Adult; $10 Youth (under 13)
- Payment Options — to pay registration fees online, go to , click HERE
- Times — Day of Run: Check-In—6:30—7:45 a.m.; Race time—8 a.m.
- Waiver & Release, to view the click HERE
What To Know – If You’re Going to Turkey Trot
Here is some important information if you are participating in the LUM Turkey Trot 5K Run. If you want to avoid standing in line, register in advance (see above) & pick up your run packet in advance. Details are as follows:
- Location: Turkey Trot staging area is in the parking lot of Christina & Co., Cumberland Ave., West Lafayette
- Parking: Walmart near Christina & Co., Cumberland Ave, West Lafayette
- Course: Cattail Trail Loop – Celery Bog Nature Area. View route map HERE.
- Times — Day of Run
- Check-In 6:30 – 7:45 a.m.
- Race time 8 a.m.
- Packet Pick Up
- WEDNESDAY (November 27) 3 – 6 p.m. at the LUM Office (420 N 4th Street, Lafayette) -OR-
- At the Run: THURSDAY (November 28) 6:30 – 7:45 a.m. in the Turkey Trot staging area in the Christina & Co. parking lot
- Bathrooms: Available inside the Walmart Superstore
- Awards: Trophies will be given to the top three (3) overall men, women, and youth. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men and women in each age division will have certificates mailed to them after the race.
- Timing Chips: Timing chips must be tied to your shoe in order to record your time. After the race, please remove the chip and return it to one of the labelled boxes at the finish line and registration table.
Turkey Trot 5K – Donation
Registration Form — click HERE. Participate in the Turkey Trot 5K Run even if you’re Out of Town – prefer running on a treadmill – are not a runner – or just want to Sleep-in –- and make a difference as a Turkey Trot 5K Run Virtual Runner. Virtual Runners will receive a Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt and will be listed in the final results as a supporter of the Turkey Trot 5K Run.
Runner Benefits & Prizes:
Official Turkey Trot T-SHIRT – All eligible Turkey Trot 5K Run participants who register will receive a special Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt. Participants will be provided with water and a snack before and following the race. The men and women’s winners will receive recognition & a medal after the race. The race will be electronically timed using computer chip technology recording their race time as they cross the timed finish line. Results will be available upon completion of the race and posted on the LUM website soon after the race. All runners of all ages and abilities are welcome!
If you cannot attend the race but would still like to make a tax deductible donation to Turkey Trot 5K Run, please click HERE or button below
Turkey Trot 5K – Donation
Sign up to volunteer at Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk event online, click HERE
Thank our event sponsors — and support their businesses, please.
Turkey Trot 5K Run event sponsors, list HERE
Photos | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | ALL |