East End Grill –
Food & Wine Experience
SPECIAL Event Benefits LUM – Thursday, June 13
East End Grill in downtown Lafayette is hosting a very special, unique Food & Wine Experience, and all of the proceeds go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund. The event details are as follows:
- What: Four-course dinner experience with Wine pairings
- Date & time: Thursday, June 13 at 6 p.m.
- Location: East End Grill, 1016 Main Street, Lafayette, IN
- Donation: $100 per person
- Limited to the first 10 lucky individuals
Scott Trzaskus, owner, and Ambarish Lulay, chef, are hosting the event and will give details on each course and the wine pairings. They share that,
“East End Grill would like the pleasure of hosting you for a four-course dinner experience with wine pairings. The dinner will feature local produce and meats from our purveyors to create an interactive dining experience whereby we introduce you to food and wine the way we enjoy sharing with our guests. The flavors will feature Spanish influences and include seafood and meat dishes that best convey our style of family dining and hospitality. We look forward to cooking for you.”
Make Your Reservation TODAY — If you & your friends are interested, call, email or stop by the LUM Office (765-423-2691 | email@example.com | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette).
First come, first served. Limited to ONLY 10 participants.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is piloting a new response to food insecurity in our community — the LUM Protein Food Pantry. It features proteins, produce & paper products. Local families in need are able to select canned and frozen meats & fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, beans & legumes, peanut butter, infant formula and paper products. High carb foods & snacks are avoided. The LUM Protein Food Pantry is open Thursday mornings at the LUM Ray Ewry Center (525 N 4th Street) in downtown Lafayette.
Financial donations to the LUM Protein Food Pantry are welcome. The new LUM Protein Food Pantry will also need volunteers every Thursday morning. If you are interested in volunteering or making an investment in the LUM Protein Food Pantry, click the appropriate button below.
If you wish to VOLUNTEER – click HERE
Food Pantry – LUM Protein Food Pantry
LUM Follies 2019 – Record Breaking Success
The 8th annual LUM Follies was a wonderful evening, and it was all in support of the LUM Good Samaritan Fund – the emergency financial assistance fund for local families. This year’s LUM Follies raised more than $18,000 (so far) — making this year’s LUM Follies the most successful ever.
The LUM Follies stage show was the best ever! The meal was the best ever! The friends of LUM in attendance ARE the best ever! Attendees bid generously on an exciting variety of Silent Auction baskets, items and experiences and made specific donations using the Pineapple Tree (community needs with donations amounts).
If you aren’t able to attend LUM Follies but still wish to donate to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund — click:
LUM FOLLIES was successful this year because of our sponsors and a hard-working & talented team of volunteers & staff who worked together in support of the families in crisis in our community. The LUM Staff and Board of Directors wish to extend sincere thanks to our donors and the many individuals who assisted in the planning of this year’s LUM Follies including:
- Our Hosts—Rev. Chris Danielson & the staff & congregation of St. Andrew United Methodist Church
- Invocation—Fr. Patrick Baikauskas OP
- Facilities Support—Laurie Klenosky, Berdine Martin, Cindy Nycz, Juan Valdez
- Sound, Lights, Video—Wes White and Larry & Becky Theller
- Entertainment—Eileen Weiss
- Meal Coordinator—Joan Low
- Meal Preparation—Bryn Seymour
- Volunteers—The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Harrison, McCutcheon & Central Catholic High Schools
- Event Support & Hospitality—Joe Micon, Linda Hicks, Tricia Sembroski & Marilyn Zerbes
- Financial Management—Gayle Koning & Eileen Weiss
Silent Auction Basket Donors
- Individuals: Linda Dolby & Cleve Shields, Mike Johnson, Deborah Kull, Joe & Jo Micon, Mary Nelson, and Eileen Weiss
- Businesses: Allegro Violin Shop, Caterpillar Inc., East End Grill, John E. Christian Family Memorial Trust, Inc., and Lafayette Brewing Co.
- Churches: Bethany Presbyterian Church, Chapel of the Good Shepherd – Episcopal Church at Purdue, Church of the Blessed Sacrament, Congress Street United Methodist Church, Heartland Community Church, St. Andrew United Methodist Church, St. Thomas Aquinas—the Catholic Center at Purdue, Trinity United Methodist Church, and Unitarian Universalist Church of Tippecanoe County
In Kind Gifts
- Lafayette Brewing Company – appetizers (hummus, veggies, dip, fruit, nuts, tortilla chips, salsa)
- Texas Roadhouse, Lafayette – their famous yeast rolls & cinnamon butter
- St. Andrew UMC – tablecloths & coffee
- St. Thomas Aquinas – ice
LUM Follies Sponsors
- Denny’s Body Shop
- Ron “Rock-Man” Jackson
- Lafayette Brewing Co.
LUM Follies Talent
- Talent—Blue Moon Rising (Denise Wilson, director), Fred Koning, Mike Johnson, H.I.S. (Gail Polles & Ellen Wilson), Indiana State Representative Sheila Klinker, Mark Buche, Kelly Jacobs, Eileen Weiss, Chip & the Old Block (Jim & Aaron Brehm), Deborah Kull & Stephen Sekoulopoulos, Charity Rankin and Tricia Sembroski
- Piano accompanist—Guy Haley
- Dinner pianist—Frank Rosenthal
- Member Church affiliation of LUM Follies Talent—Central Presbyterian Church, Federated Church, First United Methodist Church, St. Andrew United Methodist Church, St. Mary Cathedral, Unitarian Universalist Church of Tippecanoe County