LUM Camp Needs YOU!
Make a difference in the lives of local children this summer and receive a $200 stipend. LUM Camp is a week-long, overnight camp program for low-income children from 8 to 10 years old. Counselors are needed from 11 a.m. Monday, July 25 to 4 p.m. Friday, July 29. LUM Camp counselors must be:
- 18 years old
- prepared to hike, have fun, be outdoors
- a good team player
- flexible, fun & fair
- willing to work with at-risk children from low income families
- able to spend the entire week at camp (July 25-29)
Please share with others
If you are not able to volunteer, you may support LUM Camp by making a donation or sponsoring a camper ($200 per child).
LUM Youth Programs
Transition to Summer
LUM After School Program ended and the teachers and students are celebrating another successful year. It was another school year of COVID-19 challenges and eLearning Days, but it was also a wonderful service for local families with…
- super talented teachers,
- enhanced learning experiences,
- holiday celebrations,
- record number of donations, and
- full enrollment of students from local schools.
Thank you to everyone who made this year a success, giving low-income families a safe, loving and enriching environment for their children each day after school.
This Tuesday, May 31, the LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program team will welcome 60+ students to the full-day, enhanced child care experience. If you, your group or business wishes to invest in the proven success of the LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program, here are FOUR simple WAYS:
- DONATE – Make a Monetary Donation, click HERE
- VOLUNTEER – Sign up to Volunteer as a Teacher’s Aide, click HERE
- NEEDED ITEMS – To view LUM’s Top 10 Favorite Donations, click HERE
- SPONSOR A TRIP – Sponsor a Study or Recreational Trip, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program offers scholarships and accepts “vouchers” to provide full-day, child care to low income families. Stay tuned for more good news from the LUM summer youth programs in the coming weeks.