2,888 Local Families & Individuals Served…So Far
Each year at this time, LUM staff members are busy planning for the Fall & Winter programs, including the Community Thanksgiving Feast, Turkey Trot 5K Run, Winter Warming Station, and Jubilee Christmas.
It’s a good time to reflect on the impact that LUM has had in our community. Through the faithful work carried on every day and night by LUM, 2,888 different individuals and low-income households have been served so far this year. Thanks to your support, LUM was able to nurture and educate CHILDREN, feed the HUNGRY, support legal IMMIGRANTS and refugees, and help our neighbors who are experiencing HOMELESSNESS.
LUM 2022 Impact So Far:
- EMERGENCY SHELTER & Winter Warming Station – 636 individuals served; 8,866 stays; 2 guests provided housing through the New Opportunity Fund
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – 1,374 visits for housing, utility and health-care requests
- FOOD PANTRIES – 2,368 client visits
- GOOD SAMARITAN FUND – $119,424 of assistance disbursed
- HAIRCUTS – 61 individuals served
- ID CLINIC – 74 cases
- IMMIGRATION CLINIC – 407 cases
- JUBILEE CHRISTMAS – 633 families; 1,795 children
- TAX ASSISTANCE – 309 tax returns filed or assisted with; 269 households
- YOUTH PROGRAMS – 238 children served: LUM Camp (77), After School Program (92), and 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program (69)
Thank you for your continued support of the LUM mission with your donations and service as a volunteer. LUM could not provide these programs and services without you.