LUM Follies Supports Local Individuals
LUM Client Corner — Meet Jaron — LUM Follies Mission Moment
Meet Jaron Lintner, a LUM Good Samaritan Fund client.
Jaron grew up and lives in Lafayette. Today, he is in a very good place. Jaron has a new job; his health is stable; he is living on his own; and has a better relationship
One year ago though he did not have a place to live was unemployed, and did not have contact with his family. For the past year, Jaron has been working hard to get his life on track again. After a brief time in the LUM Emergency Shelter, he started a job in food service and found a roommate. Although this was a positive step forward — it was not ideal.
Once Jaron secured a new job a month ago, he could afford to rent a house for himself. But he could not afford the fees associated with getting out of his current lease with his roommate and paying the security deposit for his new home. Fortunately he was able to get financial support for his housing from the LUM Good Samaritan Program.
Jaron shared that without the assistance from the LUM Good Samaritan Program he would not have been able to move forward with his new home. Clarinda Crawford, the LUM Good Samaritan Program director, was also helpful in connecting him to other resources for his additional housing expenses, food & furniture for his new place. Jaron stated that he was taught by his pastor years ago that when others help you, it is “God loving you through them — through their support and kindness.” Without the assistance of the LUM Good Samaritan Program, he would have had a setback in his journey for a better life.
Attending LUM Follies on Friday will directly
support local individuals like Jaron.
Please attend LUM Follies & support the LUM Good Samaritan Fund. If you are unable to attend and wish to make a donation directly to the Good Samaritan Fund, click HERE.
You are cordially invited to attend the 5th Annual LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies on Friday, April 15. The LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies is a spectacular evening filled with great food, lively entertainment, wonderful company — and for an important cause.
Please join us and make your reservations today — it would be our honor. LUM Follies’ details and schedule are as follows:
- DATE – Friday, April 15, 2016
- PLACE – St. Andrew United Methodist Church, West Lafayette, Indiana
- PRICE – $45 per person; $360 per table (max. 8)
- TIMES –
- 5:30 p.m. — Reception & Silent Auction
- 6:30 p.m. — Dinner (see Menu below)
- 7:30 p.m. — Follies Entertainment
All of the proceeds from the LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies go directly to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund. The Good Samaritan Fund primarily funds the LUM Good Samaritan Program, which is our community’s social safety net. Assistance is provided each weekday morning in averting eviction, utility disconnects, food shortage, and other emergency financial needs. Last year, 2,276 local families received $128,165 in emergency financial assistance from the LUM Good Samaritan Fund.
The LUM Good Samaritan Fund is such a vital assistance program for the families in our communities. Please support the Good Samaritan Fund by attending this year’s Follies. And Thank You!
- Starter — Wedge salad and Crusty bread
- Main —
- Chicken cacciatore with polenta, green beans -or-
- Savory nut loaf with cranberry orange sauce, green beans (vegetarian)
- Dessert — Carrot cake or Coconut cake with ice cream; Coffee & tea
- Brad Bodine — guitar — St. Thomas Aquinas
- Robert Poynter — roving magician — St. Mary Cathedral
- Eileen Weiss — singer — Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- Linda Hicks & the Riff-Tides — jazz combo
- His In Song — trio — First United Methodist Church
- Kelly Jacobs & Mark Buche — duet — Cathedral of St. Mary
- Indiana State Representative Sheila Klinker
- Fred Koning — singer — Cathedral of St. Mary
- The Magic of Marcus Lehmann
- Joe Peters & Linda Hicks — duet — University Church
- Work in Progress — bluegrass — St. Andrew United Methodist Church
Make your Reservations TODAY!
Start the Follies Reservation process NOW, click HERE.
If you aren’t able to attend the “Follies” but still wish to make a donation to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund — click:
If you or your group would like to volunteer with Follies, click HERE to sign up.
Check out the photos from the 2015 LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies:
Check out all of the photos from the LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies:
View a sampler VIDEO of the LUM Follies’ performers