The 7th annual LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies was lovely evening and all in support of emergency financial assistance for local families.
The LUM Follies stage show wowed the audience, and the meal was delectable. LUM Follies guests bid generously on an exciting variety of Silent Auction baskets and made specific donations using the Butterfly Tree (community needs with donations amounts). At LUM Follies 2018, over $14,500 was raised for emergency aid — making this year’s LUM Follies the one of the most successful.
The best part is that 100% of the proceeds from the LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund.
If you missed this year’s LUM Follies and still wish to make a difference by making a donation — go to www.lumserve.org/donate
Event Sponsors — THANKS
- Gold Level $500 – Ron “Rock-Man” Jackson
- Silver Level $250 -Andrea & David Schmidt
- Bronze Level $100
– Essential Touch Massage, Jo & Joe Micon
In Kind Gifts — THANKS
- Texas Roadhouse – 450 rolls & cinnamon butter
- Lafayette Brewing Company – cocktail napkins, appetizers (hummus, tortilla chips, salsa, veggies, dip, fruit, nuts) and root beer
- St. Thomas Aquinas – ice
- St. Andrew UMC – candles, tablecloths, coffee, tea
Silent Auction Donors — THANKS
- Allegro Violin Shop
- Bob Poynter
- Chapel of the Good Shepherd, Episcopal Church at Purdue (2)
- Congress Street United Methodist Church
- Debra, Thomas & Monique Parent
- Eileen Weiss
- Federated Church
- First Baptist Church
- Gail & Charlie Davis
- Heartland Church
- Jo & Joe Micon
- Linda Dolby & Cleve Shields
- Marilyn & Mark Zerbes
- St. Andrew United Methodist Church
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Center at Purdue
- Texas Roadhouse – Lafayette
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Tippecanoe County
Special Acknowledgements — THANKS
- Facility Support – Rev. Chris Danielson, Rev. Joseph Seger, Laurie Klenosky, Cindy Nycz, Berdine Martin, Wes White, Larry Theller, Dave Evans, Juan Valdez & the entire staff & congregation of St. Andrew United Methodist Church
- Entertainment – Eileen Weiss
- Meal Coordination, Service & Hospitality – Joan Low, Bryn Seymour
- Volunteers – Greater Lafayette Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Boiler Out, Beta Upsilon Chi (Fairway Cooperative), Purdue Immigrant Allies, Purdue Reamer Club, Harrison High Keyettes & Central Catholic High
- LUM Staff support – Joe Micon, Linda Hicks, David Heckert, Connie Decker, Afternoon Receptionists, Hannah Cox, Emilee McCracken
- Financial Management – Gayle Koning & Tricia Sembroski
LUM Follies Talent — THANKS
- Zoe Malavenda, Fred Koning, Jennifer & Christopher Wright, Jane Creswell, Gail Polles, Ellen Wilson, Bridget Hickey, Evangeline Hickey, Elijah Hickey, Charlie Hickey, JJ Newcomb, Jessica Hickey, Indiana State Representative Sheila Klinker, Mark Buche, Kelly Jacobs, Bob Poynter, The Rev. Charlie & Gail Davis, and David Stith
- Guy Haley—Piano accompanist, Hymn & performances
- Gary Tyner—Pianist, Dinner
- Member Church affiliation of LUM Follies Talent— Faith Presbyterian Church, First United Methodist Church, St. Boniface Church, St. Mary Cathedral, St. Thomas Aquinas Center, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Unitarian Universalist Church of Tippecanoe County
LUM Follies PHOTOS — go to www.flickr.com/lumserve
LUM Follies’ Details and Schedule are as follows:
- Friday, May 3, 2019
- St. Andrew United Methodist Church,
4703 N 50 W, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Price: $45 per person;
$360 per table (max. 8)
- 5:30 p.m. — Reception & Silent Auction
- 6:30 p.m. — Dinner – menu below
- 7:30 p.m. — Follies Entertainment
Join us for the eighth annual LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies and help us celebrate Lafayette Urban Ministry. The event is a lighthearted evening of fine dining, entertainment, fun & good company — filled with delightful surprises. There will be a lovely dinner with fabulous people; a Silent Auction filled with unique and priceless items; and local entertainment (also known as the Follies) that will bring laughter, fun and sheer joy to the room.
The best part is that 100% of the proceeds from this event go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, an emergency financial assistance program that supports local families. Make your reservations ($45 per person; $360 per table) online HERE or by calling (765) 423-2691.
Fine Dining | Silent Auction | Entertainment | Fellowship
More ways to get involved in LUM Follies :
- Corporate Sponsors — If you wish to be an event sponsor, please email us
- Silent Auction Donations — If you or your company wishes to donate items to our silent auction, please email us
A lovely meal has been planned just for you. The LUM Follies’ Menu is TBD.
Make your Reservations TODAY!
Start the Follies Reservation process NOW, click HERE.
If you aren’t able to attend the “Follies” but still wish to donate to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund — click:
If you or your group would like to volunteer with LUM Follies, click HERE to sign up.
- May 2 — Set up, 3:30 p.m.
- May 3 — Set up/work, 3:30 p.m.; Pick up rolls, 5 p.m.; Breakdown, 8 p.m.
Click HERE to sign up.
Check out the photos from the 2018 LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies:
Check out all of the photos from the LUM Good Samaritan Fund Follies:
View a sampler VIDEO of the LUM Follies’ performers