If you wish to be considered for a volunteer shift at the LUM Emergency Shelter you MUST complete each of the steps as follows:
- Read the Description below
- Attend a mandatory Shelter Overnight Volunteer Training Session
– list of dates below
- Sign up online for a volunteer shift:
- 2017 – March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
- 2018 – January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
|Volunteer Job Title:||Overnight Volunteer – LUM Emergency Shelter|
|Days/Hours:||8:00 p.m. – Midnight; or
8:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Every evening (365 days a year)
|Job Description:||Three volunteers and one staff member are scheduled nightly. Each volunteer will be assigned various duties including but not limited to the following:
Lights are out for guests at 10:30 p.m. After lights out, the three volunteers divide up the duties.
|Requirements:||Must be at least 18 years old. Training is provided. Volunteers must attend a Shelter Training Session. These sessions are held every Monday night. See schedule below.|
|Contact:||Gina Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org | 765.423.2691)|
LUM Shelter Training
Every Monday Evening at 6:30 p.m. at the LUM Ray Ewry Youth Center, 525 N 4th Street, Lafayette.
After you have completed a Training Session, you will be given the opportunity to sign up for a volunteer shift. Volunteer shifts are usually filled several weeks in advance unless there is a cancellation. If you are working to fulfill community service hours, please bring your papers from court or school.