LUM Camp – Volunteer Counselor
|Volunteer Job Title:
||Volunteer Counselor – LUM Camp
||1:00 p.m. on Monday, July 31, 2017 through
4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4, 2017
||Responsible for a group of ten 8-10 year old children during LUM Camp overnight camp. Support campers through a busy week of new activities at Hanging Rock Camp in Warren County, Indiana. LUM Camp counselors instill confidence, rejoice in accomplishment, help nurture self-esteem and support each child throughout the wonderful week that is LUM Camp.
||Volunteer camp counselors must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Enjoy working with children
- Attend entire week at LUM Camp from 11:00 a.m. on Monday, August 1 to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 4
- Attend all training including the orientation meeting on Thursday, July 27 at 7 p.m.
||Joe Micon, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org | 765.423.2691)
APPLICATION – If you wish to be considered for a LUM Volunteer Camp Counselor position, please complete the application, HERE.
LUM CAMP – COUNSELOR CHECKLIST
Please bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing (days are warm evenings cool)
- Sleepwear (cabins are air conditioned)
- Alarm Clock & Watch
- Swimwear (one piece)
- Towels, toiletries health and beauty aids
- Flashlight (strong and bright)
- Sleeping gear (blankets & sheets or sleeping bag)
- Rain gear
- Sun screen
- Bug Spray
- Chapter books for nighttime reading to the children
PLEASE DO NOT BRING FOOD – We’ll provide plenty of food for counselors, including snacks, soft drinks, fruit juice, etc.