Volunteer Sign Up Sheets
Meals - To-Go Bagged Meals
LUM offered simple To-Go Bagged Meals all yearlong. Each weekday, bagged meals are available in the LUM Office during regular hours (M-F, 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.); and from Nov. 15 – April 15, bagged meals are also given the guests of the LUM Winter Warming Station. Please consider donated bagged meals for our neighbors in need. It is a great youth and group activity.
GUIDELINES – Providing Simple Bagged Meals
- Drop Off Information
- Day/Date – Drop off the meals on the weekday for which you signed up
- TIME – between 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- LOCATION – LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN
- MEALS – Prepare 40 bagged meals (like a school lunch) containing one of each of the following:
- Sandwich that doesn’t need refrigeration (prepared, individually wrapped) — Peanut butter & jelly, ham & cheese, turkey & cheese, peanut butter & honey -OR- Other ideas: Ready-to-eat TUNA packs -OR- Vienna sausages (small can)
- Salty snack – chips, pretzels, cracker packs with cheese or peanut butter
- Sweet snack – Dessert snacks, Twinkie, rice treat, cookies
- “Later” Snack – Chewy Granola bar, Cereal bars, Soft snack bars (avoid nuts and crunchy granola bars)
- Fruit/veggie – apple, orange, mandarin orange, fruit cup (with plastic spoon), carrots, apple-sauce cups
- Drink – Bottled water – OR- Pouch/box drink (Capri Sun)
- Utensils – Napkin, Plastic fork and spoon
- Label Bags – put the DATE on the bag & feel free to have children (or adults) color or draw happy pictures on the bags
- Please note – If you provide deli meat sandwiches, they are served within two hours. If sandwiches will not be used within two hours, they are frozen for use at a later time. Variety is great, from day to day, but ready-to-eat tuna packets & tins of Vienna sausage are great too.
Planning and preparing a meal is a great activity for families, church groups, campus organizations and civic groups. LUM makes a conscious effort to make sure the food served is nutritious, but basic. LUM is grateful for your generosity.
Sign up below...
|Available Spots||Item Details|
|#1: Eliscia S.||Sandwiches & chips|
|#2: MOMS Club of West Lafayette K.K.||Sack lunch|
|#3: Girl Scout T.4.||bagged lunches|
|#4: Osra D.||PB&J, Tuna Packs/Vienna sausage, Sacked lunch|