Volunteer Sign Up Sheets
Meals - Winter Warming Station
The LUM Winter Warming Station need meals each day/night from Nov. 15 – April 15. The LTHC & LUM Shelter Annex needs meals when it is open.
GUIDELINES – Providing Simple Bagged Meals
- Drop Off Information
- Day/Date – Drop off the meals on the weekday for which you signed up
- TIME – between 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- LOCATION – LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN
- MEALS – Prepare 40 bagged meals (like a school lunch) containing one of each of the following:
- Sandwich that doesn’t need refrigeration (prepared, individually wrapped) — Peanut butter & jelly, ham & cheese, turkey & cheese, peanut butter & honey -OR- Other ideas: Ready-to-eat TUNA packs -OR- Vienna sausages (small can)
- Salty snack – chips, pretzels, cracker packs with cheese or peanut butter
- Sweet snack – Dessert snacks, Twinkie, rice treat, cookies
- “Later” Snack – Chewy Granola bar, Cereal bars, Soft snack bars (avoid nuts and crunchy granola bars)
- Fruit/veggie – apple, orange, mandarin orange, fruit cup (with plastic spoon), carrots, apple-sauce cups
- Drink – Bottled water – OR- Pouch/box drink (Capri Sun)
- Utensils – Napkin, Plastic fork and spoon
- Label Bags – put the DATE on the bag & feel free to have children (or adults) color or draw happy pictures on the bags
- Please note – If you provide deli meat sandwiches, they are served within two hours. If sandwiches will not be used within two hours, they are frozen for use at a later time. Variety is great, from day to day, but ready-to-eat tuna packets & tins of Vienna sausage are great too.
Planning and preparing a meal is a great activity for families, church groups, campus organizations and civic groups. LUM makes a conscious effort to make sure the food served is nutritious, but basic. LUM is grateful for your generosity.