Youth Programs Director & the Teachers
The LUM After School Program is staffed by professionally trained teachers and volunteers, whose training exceeds State of Indiana requirements. This year, the After School Program team includes four teachers who assist the program director, Kristi Hogue. They are as follows (pictured L to R above):
- Kristi Hogue – Kristi grew up in Logansport and currently lives in Lafayette with Jeff, her husband of 26 years, and their three children, Taelynn (20), Jaedren (13) and Maekenna (8). Jaedren & Maekenna have been enrolled in the LUM after school & summer programs for the past few years. Kristi graduated from Logansport High School, earned a BS in Child Development & Family Studies from Purdue University, and is a member of the National After School Association.
- Carleigh Bennett – Carleigh grew up and still lives in Lafayette. She currently lives with her sister and newborn niece. She graduated from Jefferson High School, and plans to start school next fall at Ivy Tech Community College.
- Shavonn Kimbrough – Shavonn grew up in Chicago and currently lives in Lafayette with her two children — Gregory & Zariyah (ages 8 and 7). She graduated from Carver Military Academy and is now enrolled at Indiana Tech pursuing a degree in accounting.
- Mady Lester – Mady grew up and still lives in Lafayette with her husband. She graduated from Jefferson High School, earned her associates degree in Human Services at Ivy Tech Community College, and is pursuing a bachelor’s in social work at IUPUI.
- Tabatha Volpi – Tabby grew up and still lives in Lafayette with her husband, Matthew, and their two children, ages 6 & 8. She graduated from Jefferson High School and earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Purdue University in 2013. During the school year, Tabby also works for the Lafayette School Corporation.
LUM is fortunate to have such a talented, experienced and dedicated team overseeing this year’s After School Program. See below for four ways that you can help the LUM After School Program today.
Please consider volunteering with the After School Program – LUM needs you. For more information on how to VOLUNTEER , click HERE.