Six Ways to Celebrate Hunger Action Month
Unique Ways to Support LUM Food Programs
September is Hunger Action Month, an initiative that highlights the reality of food insecurity while giving everyone the chance to take action to fight against hunger. The LUM Food Pantries (Downtown Lafayette & West Lafayette, IN) need your support this fall & winter.
Here are SIX WAYS YOU can help LUM while celebrating Hunger Action Month.
- DONATIONS – Monetary donations are ideal because the money will be used where it is needed the most.
- NEEDED ITEMS – Families need paper products, cleaning supplies, infant products and personal hygiene items. Purchase needed items and drop items off or shop online and ship them. Go to Amazon.com, shop from the LUM Wish List, order & ship to LUM.
- HOST A DRIVE – Coordinate a “drive” for the LUM Food Pantries at your church, organization or business — or at your next event like a birthday or company social. Check the LUM Wish List and keep it simple.
- FOOD RESCUE – LUM needs volunteers to “rescue” food from local restaurants, bakeries & grocery stores. Please help us save, gather and share food with our neighbors in need. It’s a win-win-win – RESCUE food, SHARE food & REDUCE food waste.
- HUNGER HIKE – Participate in Hunger Hike on Sunday, September 17 and raise funds for food programs locally, regionally & globally. See the article below for sign up information and more.
- GIVING GARDENERS – LUM Food Pantries welcome donations from “Giving Gardeners” who have “grown a row” for LUM or simply wish to donate from their garden.
You are also encouraged to WEAR ORANGE to celebrate and raise awareness for Hunger Action Month. If you have questions or need further information, go to lumserve.org/food-pantry, call 765-423-2691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.