Six Ways to Support LUM Food Programs
Join LUM in the Fight Against Hunger
The LUM Food Pantries (Downtown Lafayette & West Lafayette, IN) need your support this fall & winter. The cost of food & fuel are impacting local families as well as food banks. Here are SIX ways YOU can help LUM continue to meet the growing demand for basic food, paper products and personal hygiene items.
- DONATIONS – Monetary donations are ideal because the money will be used where it is needed the most.
- NEEDED ITEMS – Families need paper products, cleaning supplies, infant products and personal hygiene items. Purchase needed items and drop items off or shop online and ship them. Go to Amazon.com, shop from the LUM Wish List, order & ship to LUM.
- HOST A DRIVE – Coordinate a “drive” for the LUM Food Pantries at your church, organization or business — or at your next event like a birthday or company social. Check the LUM Wish List and keep it simple.
- THE WORKING HUNGRY – Join us on Thursday, August 31 for a FREE screening of the Emmy-nominated documentary The Working Hungry. See below for more information.
- FOOD RESCUE – LUM needs volunteers to “rescue” food from local restaurants, bakeries & grocery stores. Please help us save, gather and share food with our neighbors in need. It’s a win-win-win – RESCUE food, SHARE food & REDUCE food waste.
- HUNGER HIKE – Participate in Hunger Hike on Sunday, September 17 and raise funds for food programs locally, regionally & globally. See the article below for sign up information and more.