Join Us for the LUM 50th Anniversary
Greetings, LUM Friends –
Everyone at LUM would be delighted to have you join us for the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration. Lafayette Urban Ministry has been an important part of this community for 50 years because it is a social safety net that keeps so many people housed, helped, and hopeful. I am most proud every time I hear a success story of how LUM is changing lives. I love the success stories of LUM clients — people being uplifted out of poverty and the success stories of LUM donors and volunteers — people, like YOU, who find the riches and joy of serving others with love in their hearts.
I am also heartened by the reality that LUM is a diverse and growing family, and this family is united in tackling basic human needs and uplifting the people of Greater Lafayette. You have been important in the first 50 years of LUM. Thank you.
Please join us at the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration on April 8!
P.S. All proceeds from this event will benefit the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, offering financial assistance for rent, utilities, and medication.
Live Entertainment Featured at LUM 50th
- LINDA Hicks will be performing the song Drop in the Bucket (Mitch Barrett/Carla Gover), accompanied by Jim Brehm on harmony vocals, Sharon McKnight on banjo, Sam Cody on violin, and Hunt Wiley on upright bass.
- BRITON Weise will be performing the song Do Something (Matthew West).
- LARRY Guentert will be accompanying Briton Weise, Onyx & Derrick, the LUM Children’s Chorus, and the LUM Ecumenical Choir on drums & percussion.
- JEFF Goodspeed, director of music at First Christian Church, will be accompanying Briton Weise, Onyx & Derrick, the LUM Children’s Chorus, and the LUM Ecumenical Choir on the piano.
A special singing duo will perform at the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration — ONYX Uzomah & DERRICK Willams-Bacon. Onyx & Derrick have reunited to perform just for you at the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration. They will sing Wake Up Everybody (Whitehead/McFadden/Carstarphen) accompanied by Jeff Goodspeed on the piano and Larry Guentert on the drums.
The LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature the LUM Ecumenical Choir, formed just for you and this event. The choir is made up of singers from more than 20 local churches. It is directed by Eileen Weiss, LUM business manager, with accompaniment by Jeff Goodspeed on piano and by Larry Guentert on drums. They will perform We Are Called, Be Thou My Vision, and a special rendition of Let There Be Peace On Earth.
LUM 50th Features “Visual Presentations”
The LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration program will be hosted by LUM executive director, Wes Tillett, and will include live entertainment as well as several visual presentations. The visual presentations will include former LUM executive directors, the Rev. Jud Dolphin and Joe Micon, client testimonials, a spotlight on current LUM programs, stories of the history of LUM, and the impact of the Good Samaritan Fund. The program will also highlight several LUM superstar volunteers. There will be a reception before the celebration at 6 p.m. and after at 8:30 p.m. The reception will include refreshments, LUM swag, presentation of prestigious awards to LUM from community leaders, and music from the West Lafayette High School string quartet.
LUM 50th Anniversary – Sneak Peak Video
Make your reservation today — go to LUMserve.org/50th-anniversary and take care of everything online — or call us at 765-423-2691 — or stop by the LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901. Don’t miss the event of the season – and join us in celebrating LUM and your partnership with LUM yesterday, today and in the future. LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration details are as follows:
- DATE: Friday, April 8
- TIMES: 7 p.m. celebration begins; 6 p.m. social hour
- LOCATION: Mars Theatre at the Long Center for the Performing Arts, 111 N 6th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
- RESERVATION: $50 per person; $500 for row of ten; limited seating
- Entertainment, Visual Presentations, Refreshments & Beverages
More ways to get involved with the LUM 50th Anniversary:
- Donate – If you are not able to attend but still wish to donate to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, go to LUMserve.org/donate
- Corporate Sponsors – If you wish to be an event sponsor, please email lum@LUMserve.org