Program Aide – After School Program
LUM has immediate openings for Program Aide with the LUM After School Program. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
- Job Status: Part time, 182 days per year
- Immediate Supervisor: Director, Youth Programs
- Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Terms of Employment: As Specified in LUM Personnel Policies
- Hours of Employment: 20 hours per week, 2:15 pm – 6:15 pm. Schedule follows the Lafayette School Corporation calendar.
- Complete all LUM and State required trainings and screenings
- Supervise ASP children and program daily
- Assist in development and execution of daily activities
- Responsible for Transportation of children daily
- Maintain good communication with supervisor, coworkers, volunteers, and families
- Assist in daily routines such as snack distribution, outdoor activities, and daily organization and cleanliness
- Follow guidelines given for Child interaction expectations, Child Guidance and Discipline, and Bus driving and supervision rules
- Participate in ASP staff meetings
- Have a strong faith dynamic as expressed by a willingness to accept and support LUM’s Mission Statement
- Experience working in a school setting or with children
- Ability to drive a 14 passenger bus required; willing to obtain a New Hire license
- Must pass state background check
- Good verbal and written communication
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Youth Programs director, Kristi Hogue (firstname.lastname@example.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Lafayette Urban Ministry does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political association or belief, or union affiliation or activity, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. LUM is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and guests.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. LUM will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or parental status.