Lafayette Urban Ministry is following strict COVID-19 protocols that exceed state and CDC recommendations.
Emergency Shelter – Director
Type: Full time, Salary
Starting Salary: $34,646; Benefits: $11,434
Hours: 37.5 hours per week as schedule requires, with evening hours in the Emergency Shelter
Shelter Security Staff & Volunteers
- Treat all guests with respect and dignity; offering referrals when necessary; and making sure they understand procedures, guidelines, expectations
- Trains, supervises & coaches Shelter staff
- Leads monthly Shelter staff meetings
- Keeps Shelter staff informed of changes in policies and procedures
- Reviews Nightly Staff Reports each morning
- Recruits & trains volunteers for overnight and to provide meals & snacks
- Provides online sign up for volunteer shifts & meals
- Ensures Emergency Shelter Handbook is updated, known, and followed
- Assures that meal and morning snack are provided to shelter guests
- Daily intake process: oversees process, meet with guests
- Provide addiction & recovery materials and resources
- Oversees “match program” for guests who have income
- Maintains client confidentiality & accurate client records in the LUM database
- Shelter must be clean and orderly at all times using cleaning checklists
- Shelter maintenance needs must be promptly reported
- Linens: coordinates pick-up and delivery
- Purchases: submits requests and purchases supplies as needed
- Administers grants including applications, monthly claims and audits
- Responsible for enforcement of disciplinary policies
- Liaison & outreach to community, churches, and civic & community groups
- Monthly report for the LUM Board of Directors
- Attends LUM staff meetings
- Master of Social Work preferred. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required, from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in program administration, staff supervision and volunteer coordination
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work cooperatively with diverse people and groups
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strong faith dynamic as expressed by a willingness to accept and support LUM’s Mission Statement
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to Pablo Malavenda, LUM Executive Program Director (email@example.com | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Security Staff Position – Emergency Shelter
LUM has a potential opening with the Security Staff with the LUM Emergency Shelter. Details are as follows:
Type: Part-time, paid
Hours: 11-20 hours per week
Shifts: 8 p.m. to midnight -or- midnight to 7 a.m.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Maintains safety of guests, volunteers and premises, a team environment modeling mutual respect, and a professional and safe environment
- Ensures compliance with Shelter Rules
- Monitors arrival, departure, activity within shelter, activity outside within three blocks of the building
- Disciplines guests who are noncompliant; refers guests to police when necessary
- Submits written reports of daily activities and incidents
Nondiscrimination Statement – Lafayette Urban Ministry
Lafayette Urban Ministry does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political association or belief, or union affiliation or activity, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. LUM is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and guests.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. LUM will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or parental status.