Program Aide – Summer Child Care
LUM has immediate openings for Program Aide with the LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
- Job Status: Part time or Full time, 10 Weeks per year
- Immediate Supervisor: Director, Youth Programs
- Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Terms of Employment: As Specified in LUM Personnel Policies
- Hours of Employment: M-F from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Now through August 4, 2023. Up to 40 hours per week. Daytime. No Evening or Weekends. Schedule follows the Lafayette School Corporation calendar (closed July 4).
The LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program Aides provide hands-on supervision of children in the LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program. Essential Duties and Responsibilities — The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
5th Quarter Program Aide Duties
- Assist Director to develop thematic lessons and cooperative learning activities
- Implement lessons using a theme designated by the program director for children Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Supervise lunch
- Set up and supervise snack
- Assist with garden activities and recreation activities
- Drive LUM bus and hold PPL
- Other duties as assigned by Director
- Attend staff meetings with Director and Facilitators beyond work schedule
- Attend field trips including swimming. Able to swim.
- Assist with supervision of Facilitators
- Assume responsibility for the 5th Quarter program if Director & Assistant Director are unavailable
- Assist with the supervision of volunteers
- Bachelor Degree in Education preferred
- Complete all LUM and State required trainings and screenings
- Must pass background check
- Experience working in a school setting with Kindergarten-5th Grade children
- Good verbal and written communication
- Able to travel as required by job duties
- Ability to follow and consistently implement the 5th Quarter behavior management system
- Able to do some lifting
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to be organized
- Able to set up with material/equipment ready and clean up assigned activities
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Able to keep facility clean
- Have a strong faith dynamic as expressed by a willingness to accept and support the LUM Mission Statement
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- LUM 5th Quarter happens at the LUM Ray Ewry Center, with daily trips to a local park and weekly field trips to various locations. The job therefore requires the ability to move to multiple locations across various terrain many times every day, the ability to see and hear others, the ability to work in extreme weather conditions, the ability to carry objects up to 25 pounds (parcels, packages, supplies, and food), and must maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to drive a vehicle.
At Will Employment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
Lafayette Urban Ministry does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political association or belief, or union affiliation or activity, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. LUM is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and guests.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. LUM will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or parental status.