Mark Your Calendar | Get Engaged
PORT of HOPE – LUM Immigration Clinic Fundraising Events
Port of Hope offers three fun experiences this year.
- PoH Scavenger Hunt (Saturday, October 17). Grab your friends and/or family and enjoy a socially distanced outdoor escapade learning how our community has been enriched by immigrants over the years.
- Port of Hope Virtual Experience (Thursday, November 5). The Virtual Experience is an opportunity to sit back at home and enjoy music and interviews while learning about the Immigration Clinic and its impact on our community.
- Who’s That Masked Donor? (now through Thursday, November 5). It’s a social media campaign & fundraiser.
COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING FEAST – Thursday, November 26
Due to COVID-19, the Community Thanksgiving Feast will be a carry-out only event. The director is still planning to serve more than 800 meals.
Make a difference this Thanksgiving holiday — donate your time cooking, serving, entertaining, hosting, greeting, setting up, cleaning up, and more. Lots of food and supplies are needed too — donate food or make a cash donation to make this special community event possible. Online sign ups are open NOW.
TURKEY TROT 5K RUN – Thursday, November 26
Participants will be able to chose between being a “Live Runner” or a “Virtual Runner.”
- The Live Runners will each have a “staggered” check-in and start-time to maintain social distancing on the scenic Cattail Trail Loop in the Celery Bog Nature Center in West Lafayette on Thanksgiving morning.
- Virtual Runners will be able to run on Thanksgiving or at a time and location of their choice.
Everyone gets a Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt and the fastest get a trophy.
JUBILEE CHRISTMAS – Saturday, December 12
Jubilee Christmas serves over 600 families impacting more than 1,800 children. Parents visit one of dozens of churches and receive gifts for their children. In addition to the toys and clothes, each family also receives a food gift card to make Christmas dinner special too.
This year due to COVID-19, all Jubilee Christmas events will be curb-side or walk-through programs, and all registration forms are being submitted online.