Port of Hope
|PAYPAL – Choose Your Reservation Option Below|
You are cordially invited to attend the 3rd annual Port of Hope fundraising event for the LUM Immigration Clinic. For many families in our community the LUM Immigration Clinic is their “Port of Hope.” Please support the work of the LUM Immigration Clinic by attending Port of Hope.
Port of Hope is a festive event with lots of food, dancing, and fun.
Visit our Marketplace to purchase one of a kind experiences & opportunities.
Do not miss this opportunity to mingle with friends, old and new, while at the same time celebrating the melting pot that is greater Lafayette. The money raised at the event will go towards supplies, continuing education and legal training, database fees, postage, naturalization workbooks, document searches, and law books.
Tickets are limited so purchase them now so that you don’t miss an evening of merriment like nothing you have ever experienced — with the added benefit of contributing to a great cause.
If you are not able to attend the Port of Hope event but still would like to make an investment in the LUM Immigration Clinic, donate online here:
EVENT SPONSORS — Thanks to our generous event sponsors. Click HERE to see the 2018 Port of Hope Event Sponsors.
If you would like to be an event sponsor call or email us (765-423-2691 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
To sign up to volunteer, click HERE.
Seeking volunteers to help us with the following:
- Wednesday, November 7 from 5-7 p.m. (2 hours) – SET UP – help set up the room for the event
- Thursday, November 8 from 3-5:30 p.m. (2.5 hours) – FOOD RUNNERS – pick up food from various restaurants in the area, deliver to Lafayette Brewing Co. & transport food from loading dock to event kitchen.
- Thursday, November 8 from 5-8 pm (3 hours) – STAFF EVENT – help staff the event by assisting with the following, last minute set up, registration, answering questions and giving directions, mingling with guests, light housekeeping, troubleshooting, and manning food, activity, and information tables.
- Thursday, November 8 from 8-9 p.m. (1 hour) – CLEAN UP – help with break down or clean up
To sign up to volunteer, click HERE
Please note: you must be at least 21 years of age to attend.
Election Day – November 6
Vote Now through 11/6
- For everything you need to know to VOTE in INDIANA, click HERE
- For everything you need to know to vote in USA, click HERE
Did Hunger Hike Reach Its Goal? Not Yet!
Each year at this time about 85% of the Hunger Hike goal has been reached. So it’s important that you still raise funds and give generously.
4 Ways You Can Still Help –
Reach $115,000 Goal
Here are 4 ways you can still help Hunger Hike reach its goal:
- Make a Donation NOW, HERE
- Support a Hiker or Team, HERE — then click the TEAM tab
- Purchase Hunger Hike T-shirts – $10 | 2 for $15 | 6 for $30 – To get yours, please email email@example.com. While supplies last.
- If you have a First Giving page or team — send it out again to all of your contacts asking for more donations, HERE
Running & Fighting Hunger – One Step at a Time
More than 60 runners and walkers participated in the 2018 Hunger Hike 5K Run this past Saturday. The Hunger Hike 5K Run is open to runners of all ages and abilities who share a goal: Fighting Hunger with their Hearts & Soles!
It was sunny and cool — a picture perfect day for a race. The Hunger Hike 5K Run 2018 followed the beautiful, paved Cattail Trail Loop through West Lafayette and the scenic Celery Bog Nature Area — giving runners and walkers an opportunity to support three local organizations while enjoying a professionally timed 5K event.
Pictured above L to R: Joe Micon, LUM executive director; Sheila Klinker, Indiana State Representative; Assemgul Bissenbina, #1 Female; Kyle Morales, #3 Female; Colin Frier, #1 Youth; Phoebe (Colin’s dog); Aauba Aditye, #1 Male; Sarah Sellers, #2 Female; Lucy Edmundson, #3 Youth; and Kenny McCleary, #2 Male.
Thanks to our donors – Awards Unlimited, Panera Bread – West Lafayette, and Pay Less Super Market – West Lafayette.