Meet Adelia – LUM Superstar Volunteer
Providing Immigration Advice & Assistance
The LUM Immigration Clinic depends on a team of highly skilled, trained & accredited staff and volunteers. Led by the director and assistant director, Christian Gallo & Yanina Gomez Szyszko, volunteer attorneys, accredited representatives, program volunteers and interns are providing immigration advice, filling out immigration forms, and drafting legal documents for cases.
Adelia Sorge grew up in Oakwood, Ohio. She and her husband, Dennis, now live in West Lafayette. She earned her BA in Psychology with a comprehensive in language from Manchester University as well as two Master’s degrees in Child Development and Counseling, both from Purdue University. Adelia retired as a Purdue Krannert School of Management academic advisor. She & Dennis are active members of St. John’s Episcopal Church and have three grown children, all of whom graduated from Purdue, and eight grandchildren, two who are currently enrolled at Purdue. Adelia has been volunteering with LUM since 2015.
The Entire Volunteer Team
The entire LUM Immigration Clinic volunteer team is as follows:
- Volunteer Attorneys: Matthew Salsberry, Thomas Busch, and Adedoyin Florence Adeniran
- Accredited Representatives: Adelia Sorge, Susan Brouillette, Aparna Puri, Margaret Hass, Mary Tindel, and Beata Riveiro
- Candidate for Accreditation: Brianna Largent
- Program Volunteers: Aneesh Terani, David Gonzales, and Sean Murley
- Interns: Beth Kupsis and Anneke Radelich
Please join us in thanking each LUM Immigration Clinic volunteer for their time, talent, compassion and experience — and for providing a unique & vital service to our community. If you wish to volunteer with the LUM Immigration Clinic, email Christian Gallo at immigration@LUMserve.org.