Happy New Year to You & Your Family
Happy New Year!
Wishing you and your family Peace, Hope & Love in the new year.
At LUM, we’re thankful for YOU and each individual who contributed to the successes at LUM in 2020. Although we were at least six feet apart, you were still in our heart. May you have a blessed New Year — full of family, friends, hope & love in 2021.
LUM Board of Directors,
Wes Tillett, LUM executive director, and
LUM staff members
New Year’s Message from the LUM Executive Director
| Welcome 2021 | Six Feet Apart | Still in Our Heart |
- For your generous financial support of the program & services of LUM
- If you volunteered overnight or prepared a meal and delivered it to the LUM Emergency Shelter
- If you volunteered as a LUM Camp counselor, After School Program tutor or in one of LUM’s other youth programs that are narrowing the academic achievement gap
- If you attended the LUM Retirement Follies, contributed to LUM Good Samaritan Fund or served as an advocate with the LUM Good Samaritan Program, helping 1,550 families to avert utility disconnect or eviction from their homes
- If you participated in the Port of Hope event or volunteered with the LUM Immigration Clinic
- If you ran in the Turkey Trot 5K Run, or donated food or worked for the Community Thanksgiving Feast
- If you donated, hosted a family, participated in Jubilee Christmas making Christmas possible for 1,499 local children in 525 local families
- If you served on the LUM Board of Directors
- If you fought hunger in our community by volunteering with the LUM Protein Food Pantry — or by participating in Hunger Hike
- If you served as a LUM tax preparer and helped return hundreds of thousands of dollars in refunds and credits to low-income households in our community
Thank you for being a friend in 2020. LUM has impacted a significant number of children and families in our community this year because of YOU. What YOU do for LUM is so important in enabling us to accomplish our mission — and restores dignity to families, encourages and educates children, is a positive force in our community — offering peace, hope & love to the families we serve.
Thank you for choosing us as your community partner this year. Here’s to another day of service to the people of this great community.