Consider an End-of-the-Year Gift to LUM
As Christmas approaches, we ask that you remember Lafayette Urban Ministry in your holiday plans. While preparing for joyous holiday celebrations with your friends and family, it’s important to stop and reflect on the joy and blessings in your own life while also being aware that not everyone in your community is so fortunate. While shopping for gifts and gatherings with loved ones, please consider setting aside part of your budget to support the work of Lafayette Urban Ministry with a tax-deductible charitable donation.
LUM provides a number of greatly needed services to needy families and children in our community.
* Last month alone, 2,642 individuals received emergency food from our St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry.
* LUM’s Overnight Shelter continues to compassionately serve the chronically homeless in our community. Our staff and volunteers provide a safe and secure shelter environment while at the same time helping the homeless secure a home of their own. LUM’s shelter will serve more than 650 homeless individuals during 2016.
* LUM’s Good Samaritan Program serves up to twelve families each day – families that are in the throes of eviction, utility disconnects, health care or transportation emergencies. LUM has aided more than 1,260 such families so far this year.
* LUM’s Tax Preparation Program served 694 low-income workers, returning to them more than $1.3 million in tax credits and refunds.
* The Community Thanksgiving Meal served 800 individuals; LUM’s ID Clinic served more than 176 clients; our Legal Immigration Clinic served 33 individuals and of course Jubilee Christmas—1,913 children!
By the end of 2016, the Lafayette Urban Ministry will have touched and improved the lives of more than 6,000 low-income households in Tippecanoe County.
LUM appreciates your support of our mission, services and programs. Check out our website to see how you can make your donation to LUM more meaningful to you.
We’ve simplified the donation procedure, allowing supporters to donate online, by phone or by mail. Visit www.lumserve.org/donate or call 765-423-2691 to make a gift by phone, or send a check to 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901.
If you would like to discuss your giving plan, please call or email Joe Micon, LUM executive director (765.423.2691 | firstname.lastname@example.org). To make an end of the year online donation to LUM now, click HERE.