LUM has immediate openings for a Custodian for the LUM Office. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Job Title: Custodian – Main Office
Job Status: Part-time, hourly
Immediate Supervisor: Maintenance Director/Office Manager
Starting Wage: $16.00/hour
Cash Benefit: N/A
Terms of Employment: As specified in LUM Personnel Policies
Hours of Employment: 10 hours per week – some flexibility, 3 days a week min.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Director and Office Manager, responsible for cleaning of Lafayette Urban Ministry Main Office property.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- General cleaning of building, keeping it maintained and in good condition
- Empty wastebaskets and take other trash to the disposal area/dumpsters.
- Clean floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
- Sanitize restrooms and fill dispensers.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean Kitchenette and all common areas
- Spot clean glass partitions, window blinds and mirrors.
- Pick up litter, including all cigarette butts outside LUM buildings
- Sweep sidewalk and hose down as needed, outside LUM buildings
- Dust furniture, walls, woodwork, window stills, equipment and other assigned areas.
- Mix cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock, complete inventory and communicate with the Maintenance Director to order supplies as necessary (soaps, detergents, paper supplies, etc.)
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by supervision
- Complete necessary trainings as required
- Have a strong faith dynamic as expressed by a willingness to accept and support LUM’s Mission Statement
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work cooperatively with diverse people and groups (church, secular, public, private, low-income)
- Some experience is preferred, willing to train.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to show judgment and to work independently.
- High integrity required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to commute:
- Lafayette, IN 47901: Reliably commute
- Custodial experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flexible, weekdays before 8am or after 4pm (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
If interested — email or drop off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Executive Director (lum@LUMserve.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Type: Part-time, paid; Pay: $15.00 per hour
Hours: August 11, 2022 through May 24, 2023; Monday-Friday; 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.; 10 hours per week; Schedule follows the Lafayette School Corporation calendar. If interested, you can also be put on the substitute list for teaching staff.
Duties: Driver for 14-passenger bus. Bus drivers are needed to transport students from local schools to the LUM Ray Ewry Center, 525 N 4th St., Lafayette, IN
- Experience working with children
- Valid driver’s license; Good driving record
- Online training required for driving an activity bus as well as in health, safety, and child development
- Must pass state background check, and complete new hire screenings
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Youth Programs director, Kristi Hogue (firstname.lastname@example.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Lafayette Urban Ministry does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political association or belief, or union affiliation or activity, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. LUM is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and guests.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. LUM will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or parental status.