Custodian – Main Office
Return to LUM Career Opportunities home page
LUM has immediate openings for a Custodian for the Main Office Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Type: Part-time, paid; Pay: $16.00 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week; some flexibility; three days per week minimum; Weekdays before 8am or after 4pm (Preferred)
- General cleaning of building, keeping it maintained and in good condition
- Empty wastebaskets and take other trash to the disposal area/dumpsters.
- Clean floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
- Sanitize restrooms and fill dispensers.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean Kitchenette and all common areas
- Spot clean glass partitions, window blinds and mirrors.
- Pick up litter, including all cigarette butts outside LUM buildings
- Sweep sidewalk and hose down as needed, outside LUM buildings
- Dust furniture, walls, woodwork, window stills, equipment and other assigned areas.
- Mix cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock, complete inventory and communicate with the Maintenance Director to order supplies as necessary (soaps, detergents, paper supplies, etc.)
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by supervision
- Complete necessary trainings as required
- Experience – one year custodial experience
If interested—please Apply Online -or- Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Executive Director (lum@LUMserve.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Lafayette Urban Ministry does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political association or belief, or union affiliation or activity, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. LUM is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and guests.
Lafayette Urban Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. LUM will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or parental status.