All Proceeds go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund
One hundred percent of the proceeds from this event go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund.
This fund provides local individuals, families and children with a financial safety net when in crisis.
In 2021, the Good Samaritan Fund helped 1,309 families; provided financial assistance in averting eviction, utility disconnects and other crises 2,018 times; and distributed $196,198. Please support the Good Samaritan Fund by attending the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration.
If you cannot attend but wish to make an investment in the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, click the button below to make a donation. And thanks.
LUM 50th Features “Visual Presentations”
The visual presentations will include
- former LUM executive directors, the Rev. Jud Dolphin and Joe Micon,
- client testimonials,
- a spotlight on current LUM programs,
- stories of the history of LUM, and
- the impact of the Good Samaritan Fund.
The program will also highlight several LUM superstar volunteers. There will be a reception before the celebration at 6 p.m. and after at 8:30 p.m. The reception will include refreshments, LUM swag, presentation of prestigious awards to LUM from community leaders, and music from the West Lafayette High School string quartet.
Live Entertainment Featured at LUM 50th Anniversary
- LINDA Hicks will be performing the song Drop in the Bucket (Mitch Barrett/Carla Gover), accompanied by Jim Brehm on harmony vocals, Sharon McKnight on banjo, Sam Cody on violin, and Hunt Wiley on upright bass.
- BRITON Weise will be performing the song Do Something (Matthew West).
- LARRY Guentert will be accompanying Briton Weise, Onyx & Derrick, the LUM Children’s Chorus, and the LUM Ecumenical Choir on drums & percussion.
- JEFF Goodspeed, director of music at First Christian Church, will be accompanying Briton Weise, Onyx & Derrick, the LUM Children’s Chorus, and the LUM Ecumenical Choir on the piano.
A special singing duo will perform at the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration — ONYX Uzomah & DERRICK Willams-Bacon. Onyx & Derrick have reunited to perform just for you at the LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration. They will sing Wake Up Everybody (Whitehead/McFadden/Carstarphen) accompanied by Jeff Goodspeed on the piano and Larry Guentert on the drums.
The LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration will feature the LUM Ecumenical Choir, formed just for you and this event. The choir is made up of singers from more than 20 local churches. It is directed by Eileen Weiss, LUM business manager, with accompaniment by Jeff Goodspeed on piano and by Larry Guentert on drums. They will perform We Are Called, Be Thou My Vision, and a special rendition of Let There Be Peace On Earth.
LUM 50th Anniversary – Sneak Peak Video
Make your reservation today — go to LUMserve.org/50th-anniversary and take care of everything online — or call us at 765-423-2691 — or stop by the LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901. Don’t miss the event of the season – and join us in celebrating LUM and your partnership with LUM yesterday, today and in the future. LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration details are as follows:
- DATE: Friday, April 8
- TIMES: 7 p.m. celebration begins; 6 p.m. social hour
- LOCATION: Mars Theatre at the Long Center for the Performing Arts, 111 N 6th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
- RESERVATION: $50 per person; $500 for row of ten; limited seating
- Entertainment, Visual Presentations, Refreshments & Beverages
More ways to get involved with the LUM 50th Anniversary:
- Donate – If you are not able to attend but still wish to donate to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, go to LUMserve.org/donate
- Corporate Sponsors – If you wish to be an event sponsor, please email lum@LUMserve.org