Hunger Hike – Join the Fight Against Hunger
Start a Team – Start Raising Funds – Why Wait?
Join us for Hunger Hike 2021 and support the important work of Lafayette Urban Ministry, Food Finders Food Bank, and the Haiti Mission at St. Thomas Aquinas. Even as the US economy begins to recover from the effects of the pandemic, millions of people are still out of work, facing eviction, and struggling to put food on the table.
The need is as great as ever, and YOU can be part of the solution. Sign up now, and HELP FIGHT HUNGER! Let’s beat last year’s record and raise $125,000 for the hunger relief efforts locally, regionally & globally. Hunger Hike details are as follows:
- Challenge Week – September 12 to September 19
- Set a personal challenge and share it with your supporters: walk 100 steps, bike 100 miles, fast for 2 days, go without meat for a week, or
- SNAP Challenge – Take the SNAP Challenge and try to feed your family on the average SNAP benefit of $30 a person for the week.
- Kick Off Event – Sunday, September 19 at 1 p.m. join us in Riehle Plaza for our annual celebration and 3K walk. Enjoy:
- Live MUSIC from Briton Wiese, former LUM shelter director
- ZUMBA with Studio b, clowns, face painting, balloon animals, massages, and a hotdog picnic
- And NEW this year, pose for photos with our three costumed princesses
- Three Easy Ways to sign up:
- go to hungerhike.org | Click HERE | Text HHIKE to 71777
For more information, check out our short video, “How to Set Up your Hunger Hike Fundraising Page.”
It’s only 37 days to Hunger Hike. Why wait? Start a team and start raising funds. Get started TODAY!