LUM Food Pantry – Commitment to Downtown
Grand Reopening – Relocation to St. John’s Church
The LUM Protein Food Pantry opened this morning in a new and improved downtown Lafayette location. Wes Tillett, LUM executive director, hosted the Grand Reopening which featured a ribbon cutting ceremony and a blessing by the Rev. Andrea Arsene, the Curate at St. John’s Episcopal Church, Lafayette.
Remarks were offered and a citation was presented by State Representatives Sheila Klinker & Chris Campbell. The individuals who participated in the “Ribbon Cutting” were (pictured L to R above) the Rev. Arsene, Teresa Lohrman (St. John’s), Wes Tillett, Rep. Chris Campbell, Rabbi Karen Fanwick, the Rev. Brandon Smith (Heartland Community Church), Rep. Sheila Klinker, Amy O’Shea (United Way), Kathy Parker (West Lafayette City Council), and Nina Morgan (LUM Board member & Protein Food Pantry volunteer director). At 10 a.m., clients were welcomed into the food pantry to receive fresh fruit & vegetables, paper supplies, frozen meat and a variety of other food staples.
Both the LUM Protein Food Pantry and Westside Food Pantry serve all residents of Tippecanoe County. Thanks to everyone who attended the Grand Reopening and helped us celebrate the new location of the LUM Protein Food Pantry. Individuals can help the two LUM Food Pantries in FOUR ways:
- Food Drive – Sponsor a food drive at your church, business or in your neighborhood. Extra Credit – Make it a MONTHLY food drive
- Donate – Make a monetary donation or Donate “needed items“
- Volunteer – Sign up to volunteer at one of the LUM food pantries
- Promote – Tell your friends, family, and members of your church, group, business or organizations
If you wish to sponsor a food drive or donate needed items, the list of items the food pantry needs is as follows:
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, napkins & facial tissues
- Peanut butter; Eggs
- Canned meats (beef, chicken) & canned fish (tuna)
- Beans, legumes & lentils – dry or canned
- Fresh produce: fruits & vegetables
- Baby diapers & wipes; Infant formula
- Feminine Hygiene Products: liners, napkins, pads, tampons, wipes
- Adult incontinence protection aids (unisex briefs)
If you wish to make a monetary donation, volunteer, donate needed items, register for Hunger Hike — or simply have questions or need further information, go to lumserve.org/food-pantry, call 765-423-2691 or email email@example.com.