An Historic Milestone for Our Community
Lafayette Urban Ministry is thrilled to announce that the new LUM Westside Food Pantry has been approved by the state and will welcome clients as soon as next Friday. This new food program is a partnership between LUM and the Unitarian Universalist Church of Tippecanoe County with the support of the Chapel of the Good Shepherd. It complements the LUM Protein Food Pantry, located in downtown Lafayette, and is the only TEFAP food pantry in West Lafayette. The Protein Food Pantry is open on Thursday mornings, and the Westside Food Pantry will be open on Friday mornings. If you have questions or need further information, go to lumserve.org/food-pantry, call 765-423-2691 or email email@example.com.
YOU can HELP the new LUM Westside Food Pantry by “stocking the shelves” with food items before it opens on Friday, May 7.
Here are FOUR ways you can help:
- Food Drive – Sponsor a food drive at your church, business or in your neighborhood. Extra Credit – Make it a MONTHLY food drive
- Donate – Make a monetary donation or Donate “needed items“
- Volunteer – Sign up to volunteer at one of the LUM food pantries
- Promote – Tell your members and friends; Insert this article in your bulletins, emails, on social media and websites
Cheryl Fowler, LUM Board president shared that,
“This is an exciting time for LUM.
After months of gathering data, it is clear that West Lafayette needs a food pantry.”
The LUM Westside Food Pantry will complement the LUM Protein Food Pantry, which is located in downtown Lafayette. The Protein Food Pantry is open every Thursday morning, and Westside Food Pantry will be open on Friday mornings.
Please help LUM help your neighbors who need basic food assistance.
Help Us Promote – Marketing Resources
- Flier – click HERE
- Bulletin/Newsletter article – click HERE
- Logo – click HERE
- Facebook/Instagram (square) Post – click HERE
- Twitter/LinkedIn Post – click HERE
- Facebook (landscape) Post – click HERE