LUM 5th Quarter Students – Staying Engaged
Learning Opportunities & Study Trips – 2018
The students enrolled in the LUM 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program have had guest educators, taken study trips and have continued to tend to their vegetable garden.
The LUM 5th Quarter staff members have the children for five days a week, up to 12 hours a day. The LUM teachers and program director work hard to keep the students engaged in fun, experiential learning all day long. This year those programs have been as follows:
- Science – Imagination Station – Study Trip
- Science – Soilmaker – Study Trip
- Science – Silly Safari with Amazon John – Library – Study Trip
- Science & Nutrition – LUM Garden Project – On site program
- Science – Art, Crafts & 4D Science – On site program
- Science – Magic School Bus Science (Elmwood Youth) – On site program
- Reading – Leonardo, Rockin’ & Reading – Library – Study Trip
- Reading & Writing – Purdue College of Education – On site program
- Reading – Rockin’ Readers Theatre – Library – Study Trip
- Reading – Summer Reading – Library – Study Trip
- Reading – Friday Visits to the Youth Room – Library – Study Trip
- Music – Classical Composers & the Waltz – Derrick Williams-Bacon – On site program
- Music & Fitness – Fiddle ‘N’ Feet, Library – Study Trip
- Art – Clay Art – Gail Johnson – On site program
- Fitness & Dance – Van Underwood Stokes, Dancer – On site program
- Nutrition & Fitness – Series (7 weeks) of Interactive Programs – Tammy Martin, CATCH Program – On site program
- Magic – Rusty Ammerman’s Dimension of Illusion – Library – Study Trip
To view PHOTOS from some of these exciting programs, click HERE.
If you would like to invest in our summer students, please make a donation today (click below). If you or your group wishes to volunteer — or sponsor an event or study trip for LUM students, please email or call Amanda Bajzatt, LUM Youth Programs Director (email@example.com | 765-423-2691).