Join Us – LUM Thanksgiving Celebration
For the 29th year, Lafayette Urban Ministry will host the Community Thanksgiving Dinner at noon on Thanksgiving Day (November 26).
The Thanksgiving holiday should be celebrated with others — so, those individuals and families in our community who want to enjoy Thanksgiving with their neighbors are encouraged to join us.
At the first LUM Community Thanksgiving Celebration, 75 people were welcomed and served. This year, LUM will serve over 900 guests and over 75 turkeys with all of the fixing plus six varieties of pie! It is a grand event that includes dinner, dessert, good company, and live musical entertainment. Everyone is welcome; no reservations are necessary; and it’s FREE. Here are the event details:
- Date: Tomorrow — Thursday, November 26 — Thanksgiving Day
- Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Place: Central Presbyterian Church, 31 N 7th Street, Lafayette
To make a donation online, click HERE. Everyone is Welcome. Free will offering will be taken. No Reservations Required.
Additional Community Thanksgiving Celebration information & acknowledgements:
- Turkey Donations: For several years, most of the turkeys (30+) have been donated by the Christian Men’s Fellowship Group of First Christian Church. Led by Pastor Greg Eberhard and Randy Harrington, the Men’s group members prep, roast, and carve the turkeys late Wednesday evening through early Thanksgiving morning. The remainder of the turkeys this year have been donated by Central Presbyterian Church, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Elston Presbyterian Church, Purdue Federal Credit Union and Lafayette Brewing Company.
- Central Presbyterian Church provides their entire facility free of charge. Many of their church members also volunteer with food preparation, facility management, setup and cleanup.
- Pie Bakers: For the third year, most of the 112 pies are baked by the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Support from Local Restaurants: Food, drink & supplies donations have been committed by Chick-fil-A, Great Harvest Bread Company, Jane’s Gourmet Deli & Catering, MCL Cafeteria & Bakery, Kentucky Fried Chicken, McAlister’s Deli, Olive Garden, Olivero’s Southland Restaurant, Panera Bread and Texas Roadhouse.
- Decorations: Table decorations and placemats are created by the students enrolled at the LUM After School Program, St. Boniface School and St. Mary Cathedral School. Several local Girl Scout Troops also made placemats and wrapped plastic utensils for place settings.
Donations are needed to make it a success.
Your gift of $50, $100, $250, $500, or more, will help to defray the $9,000 expense for the meal. Click “make a donation” below.