Commemorating National Immigrants Day
Reminder of the Impact of the Immigration Clinic
Tomorrow, October 28, is the US national celebration of Immigrants Day — fittingly on the same day that the Statue of Liberty opened in 1886. This day is an important reminder of the value of immigration — and the importance of the work of the LUM Immigration Clinic.
Did you know?
- One in seven U.S. residents is an immigrant, while one in eight residents is a native-born U.S. citizen with at least one immigrant parent
- Over half of all immigrants in the United States are naturalized citizens
- Immigrants in the United States are concentrated at both ends of the educational spectrum
- Millions of U.S. citizens live with at least one family member who is undocumented (Source.)
For more than eight years, the LUM Immigration Clinic has helped individuals from other countries, who are legally in the US, to navigate the often difficult and confusing Immigration and Naturalization Service bureaucracy. Since 2014, the LUM Immigration Clinic has assisted more than 967 individuals, and 231 individuals in 2022 so far. Celebrate National Immigrants Day with a gift to the LUM Immigration Clinic.
What the LUM Immigration Clinic offers means various things to various clients:
- Re-unification with loved ones
- Belonging and legal status
- Proper documentation for employment or schooling
- Safety from domestic violence and/or forms of persecution
- Secure refuge in the midst of political upheaval
So many of our neighbors need the help and hope channeled through the LUM Immigration Clinic. Take advantage of this remarkable opportunity to “double your donation” to LUM and increase your impact on recent refugees and our immigrant neighbors. Thank you in advance for your strategic financial support.