You are invited to the LUM 50th Anniversary Party on the actual anniversary of the incorporation of Lafayette Urban Ministry in October of 1972. Join us for cake, ice cream and a gathering honoring the past and looking with excitement toward the future. Here are the party details:
- Wednesday, October 19 | 6 – 7 p.m.
- LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN
In 1972, the seed was planted and has been growing and thriving for 50 years. Today LUM is a strong, dependable and sometimes taken-for-granted, living ministry serving the needs of our most vulnerable neighbors.
LUM has been honoring the 50th Anniversary since the celebration in April, but there will be a LUM 50th Anniversary Party on the actual anniversary of the incorporation of Lafayette Urban Ministry in October of 1972. Join us to honor the leadership, shareholders, programs, services, and impact of Lafayette Urban Ministry for the last half-century.
If you are not able to attend, consider celebrating the LUM 50th Anniversary by making a donation to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund.
“Tackling basic human needs &
Uplifting the people of Greater Lafayette.”
More Information – LUM 50th Anniversary:
- Full Show (Runtime: 1:25:14) with live entertainment & visual presentations
- Live Entertainment – click link below to jump to each performance
- LUM Ecumenical Choir: We Are Called (00:00)
- Linda Hicks & Friends: Drop In The Bucket (12:37)
- LUM Children’s Chorus: He’s Got The Whole World In His Hands (22:50)
- Briton Weise: Do Something (34:50)
- Onyx Uzomah & Derrick Williams-Bacon: Wake Up Everybody (48:16)
- LUM Ecumenical Choir:
- Visual Presentations
- Photos – Facebook | Flickr |
- Slideshows – Pre-Event | Event Slides |
- Media Stories
- April 10, 2022 – Purdue Exponent – LUM celebrates its 50th anniversary
- April 8, 2022 – WLFI – LUM celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- April 7, 2022 – WLFI – LUM reflects on 50 years of community service
- April 7, 2022 – Journal & Courier – LUM celebrates 50 years serving as safety net for families in need
- April 7, 2022 – Star City News – LUM celebrates 50th (not available online)
- LUM Milestones – historic moments from the beginning to the present day
- LUM History – a brief history of Lafayette Urban Ministry
- Reflections – Executive Directors
The LUM 50th Anniversary Celebration kicks off a yearlong series of events commemorating LUM becoming a recognized nonprofit in 1972. If you are not able to attend this event, you still have an opportunity to invest in the next 50 years of Lafayette Urban Ministry in its quest to “tackle basic human needs and uplift the people of Greater Lafayette.” One hundred percent of the net proceeds from this event go to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, which provides local individuals, families and children with a financial safety net when in crisis. To make a 50th anniversary donation to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, click the button below, go to LUMserve.org/50th-anniversary or call or email LUM (765-423-2691 | lum@LUMserve.org).
In 1972, a small group of dedicated individuals successfully incorporated a new social services agency in Tippecanoe County — Lafayette Urban Ministry. Mark your calendars and plan on joining us to honor the leadership, shareholders, programs & services, and impact of Lafayette Urban Ministry for the last half-century.
“Tackling Basic Human Needs &
Uplifting the People of Great Lafayette”
LUM also invites you to be a part of the vision for the next 50 years, which will include an in-depth and strategic look at the sustainable future for Lafayette Urban Ministry as a valuable asset to the people, families, and children in our community for generations to come.