Meet the LUM Program Directors
Talent | Dedication | Passion | Caring
Lafayette Urban Ministry is excited to introduce the staff members who are on the frontlines of providing services and programs to your neighbors in need. As you read their bios, you will see that this small but dedicated team has the experience, education and background to provide the day-to-day management and leadership to carry out the LUM mission. LUM is fortunate to have this talented, dedicated, passionate & hard working staff.
Wes Tillett is the Executive Director
He started with LUM in April 2020. Wes grew up in Rensselaer and currently lives in Battle Ground. Wes’s education includes:
- Cedarville University (Ohio), BA, Biblical Education
- Western Theological Seminary (Michigan), Master of Divinity
In 2005, Wes was the assistant to the program director of the LUM After School Program, who at the time was his wife, Rita. He assisted in program logistics, tutored, mentored and in the process became a self-proclaimed basketball champion & kickball legend. During this time he also served as a volunteer LUM Camp counselor.
Susan Brouillette is the Program Director for the Immigration Clinic
She started with LUM in 2013. Susan grew up in Fowler, graduated from Benton Central High School in Oxford, and currently lives in Lafayette. Susan’s education includes:
- Hanover College, BA, Communication and Political Science
- Christian Theological Seminary, Masters in Divinity
Susan was ordained as a minister in the Presbyterian Church in 2018.
Linda Hicks is the Program Director for the Good Samaritan Program and ID Clinic
She started with LUM in 2005. Linda grew up and lives in West Lafayette and graduated from Harrison High School. Linda’s education includes:
- Purdue University, BA, Early Childhood Education
With LUM, Linda also served as the Office Manager and assistant director of LUM Camp.
Kristi Hogue is the Program Director for Youth Programs including the After School Program and 5th Quarter Summer Learning Program
She started with LUM in September of 2018. Kristi grew up in Logansport, graduated from Logansport High School, and currently lives in Lafayette. Kristi’s education includes:
- Purdue University, BA, Child Development & Family Studies
She is a member of the National AfterSchool Association.
Pablo Malavenda is the Executive Program Director, Communications Director, and Program Director for Jubilee Christmas
He started with LUM in 2012. Pablo grew up in Connecticut, graduated from Platt High School, and currently lives in West Lafayette. Pablo’s education includes:
- University of Connecticut, BA, Industrial Psychology
- UConn, MA, Higher Education Administration, focus in Counseling
With LUM, Pablo directed LUM Follies and coordinated Hunger Hike.
Nina Morgan is the volunteer Program Director for the Protein Food Pantry
Nina started with LUM in June 2019. She is originally from Bainbridge, Indiana; graduated from North Putnam High School; and currently lives in Lafayette. Nina’s education includes:
- Purdue University, BS, Home Economics Education
Josh Prokopy is the Program Director for the Tax Assistance Program, Dream Team, Hunger Hike and Turkey Trot 5K Run
He started with LUM in October 2017. Josh grew up in Massachusetts, graduated from Deerfield Academy, and currently lives in West Lafayette. Josh’s education includes:
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, BA, Individual Concentration with a concentration in Development and Social Change
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, MA, Sociology and MSW, Social Work
Briton Weise is the Program Director for Homeless Services including the Emergency Shelter and Winter Warming Station
He started with LUM in August 2020. Briton grew up in Otterbein, graduated from Otterbein High School, and currently lives in West Lafayette.
Briton’s education includes:
- Taylor University (Upland), BA, Christian Education
- Indiana Wesleyan University, MA, Organizational Leadership