Turkey Trot 5K Run – Live & Virtual
Turkey Trot 5K Run – THIS Thursday
Event Info | Virtual Runner | Live Runner | Volunteer | Sponsor
The Turkey Trot 5K Run is a Thanksgiving morning run that directly supports LUM including youth programs, the food pantry, assistance programs and the homeless shelter. Despite COVID-19, LUM is still holding the 2020 Turkey Trot 5K Run, under a plan approved by the Tippecanoe County Health Department.
The Live Race will be limited to 250 Live Runners with different starting times (7:40, 8, 8:20, 8:40, and 9 a.m.). All runners will socially distance and wear face masks. There will be no on-site registration, packets must be picked up in advance, and runners will arrive only 15 minutes before their start time.
LUM is also offering a Virtual Race utilizing an App which automatically records race times and allows runners to post photos.
The Turkey Trot 5K Run details are as follows:
- Date: Thursday, November 26 – Thanksgiving Morning
- Registration Fee:
- Live Race: $50 per person (includes TT5K T-shirt & timing chip)
- Virtual Runners: $25 Adult, $10 Youth (includes TT5K T-shirt)
- Location: the Cattail Trail Loop in the Celery Bog Nature Area – staging in parking lot behind Christina & Company, Cumberland Avenue, West Lafayette
Everyone gets a Turkey Trot 5K Run T-shirt and the fastest get a trophy. You’ll also feel great about helping your neighbors through the programs at Lafayette Urban Ministry and building wonderful memories for a lifetime with your family & friends.
If your business or group would like to become an event sponsor, call or email us (765-423-2691 | email@example.com).
Community Thanksgiving Feast
Event Info | Donate Food | Donate $ | Volunteer | Sponsor
Due to COVID-19, the Community Thanksgiving Feast will be a carry-out only event. The director is still planning to serve more than 800 meals, and she’d love to have you get involved in some way.
You may bake pies, prepare casseroles, donate money, volunteer and donate other food items and supplies. The LUM Community Thanksgiving Feast details are as follows:
- Date: Thursday, November 26
- Time: Noon – 2 p.m.
- Place: Central Presbyterian Church, 31 N 7th St., Lafayette
- Admission: FREE – All are welcome
- Donate: to make cash donation or donate food & needed items, click HERE
- Volunteer: to sign up to volunteer, click HERE
- More information: go to lumserve.org/thanksgiving
Make a difference this Thanksgiving holiday — donate your time cooking, serving, entertaining, hosting, greeting, setting up, cleaning up, and more. Online sign ups are open NOW.
If your business or group would like to become an event sponsor, call or email us (765-423-2691 | firstname.lastname@example.org).