Volunteers Needed & Donations Welcome
LUM Jubilee Christmas is only nine days away, and your help is needed to make it a success.
This year Jubilee Christmas will serve more than 640 local families impacting close to 1,850 local children.
Churches & organizations across the county will host 25 events on Saturday, December 14.
Lots of VOLUNTEERS are needed on Saturday, December 14 as follows:
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Surplus Toy Center – receive & sort toys
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Command Center – accept toys, assist in light duties
- 2:15 – 5:30 p.m. – Jubilee Christmas, part 2 – assist families in shopping for their children; check-in, sort toys, load out families
- 4:45 – 8 p.m. – Jubilee Christmas, part 3 – assist families in shopping for their children; check-in, sort toys, load out families
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Clean up – Break down – Load out
Click the VOLUNTEER button below to sign up online.
DONATIONS of new (unwrapped) toys, books, games, gift cards, batteries, gift wrap, clothing (newborn to 12-year-olds), and quilts/blankets are welcome. Donation Center days & hours are as follows:
- LUM Office, 420 N 4th St, Lafayette — NOW through Friday, Dec. 6 — 1 to 5 p.m.
- Oakland High School/LARA, 1100 Elizabeth St, Lafayette (rear – cafeteria entrance) — Monday, Dec. 9 & Tuesday, Dec. 10 — 1 to 5 p.m.
- Brokerage Brewing Company, 2516 Covington Street, West Lafayette — NOW through Monday, December 9; Thurs., 3-9 p.m., Fri. & Sat., noon-midnight; Sun., 1-8 p.m.; Mon., 3-9 p.m.
- Greyhouse Coffee & Supply Co., 100 Northwestern Ave, West Lafayette — NOW through Monday, December 9; Thurs. & Fri., 3-9 p.m.; Sat. & Sun., 8 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Mon., 3-9 p.m.
Click the DONATE button below to learn how you can invest in Jubilee Christmas.
Donate Items — Jubilee Christmas Wishlist — new items only
- Toys, Board Games, Dolls, Lego sets, Dress up & Pretend Play, Play kitchen items
- Highest need — children aged 10 – 12 years old
- No Guns, please
- Sports & Recreation equipment — Balls & equipment (basketball, soccer, kick balls, baseball, etc.), Bikes, Outdoor games (Flying discs – Frisbee, Hula-hoops, Jump ropes, Family games)
- Books (grade-level: Pre-K through teen)
- Craft Kits & Art Supplies
- Children’s clothing — outfits; winter coats, gloves, hats, scarves, boots;
- Blankets & Quilts — each family gets at least one for the family
- Wrapping Paper, Gift Bags, Tape
- Gift Cards — Food cards, Gift cards for teen siblings
- Bottled water
- Trash bags (30 gallon)