“Gear Up” for LUM Camp 2019 & Sponsor a Camper
This year’s theme is “Gear up” for LUM Camp! Campers will learn in exciting ways about careers that will be in high demand when they enter the workforce. Leaders will help them formulate questions that will be important to them in charting their futures:
- What is advanced manufacturing?
- What do different kinds of healthcare professionals do?
- Who develops the apps on mom’s phone and how is it done?
- What will be the different kinds of construction trades – and can girls do them too?
- How does the food we eat make it from the farm to our table?
Our campers will meet educators and vocational experts who know the answers to these and countless other questions. They will engage each child’s natural curiosity with creative hands-on activities and projects. Campers will read engaging books about careers during camp, and then be given the books to take home with them.
As you can see, plans for LUM Camp 2019 are a big order. LUM Camp is a week-long, overnight, scholarship-based camp for 8, 9, and 10 year old boys and girls whose parents have received services from LUM in the past year and who are not able to afford the $150 per child cost of camp. Would you please consider sharing a gift of $150 to give a child this marvelous opportunity? Your campership will pay for a child’s transportation, room and board, camp activities, books, supplies, and all of our career and vocational programs, in other words everything a camper will need to attend this year’s LUM Camp.
- Sending $300 will allow two children to attend LUM Camp
- Sending $450 will provide three camperships
- $75 will provide half a campership
LUM Camp is one of the finest overnight summercamp programs available to children anywhere. I know of nearly 100 children waiting anxiously to attend. Please, won’t you offer them the gift of LUM Camp?