Planning for a Better Tomorrow
Hunger Hike (Sunday, September 20)
– Join us in the Fight Against Hunger — locally, regionally & globally — by participating in Hunger Hike 2020. Hunger Hike offers many ways for individuals, churches, groups, organizations, teams, families and companies to raise funds to fight hunger. Walk and raise funds on your own or create a Team and raise funds as a group. Make a donation online, support a Team & become a Corporate Sponsor.
Hunger Hike benefits Lafayette Urban Ministry Food Programs, Food Finders Food Bank, Inc. and St. Thomas Aquinas Haiti Ministry. If an outdoor event is not feasible the committee is exploring a virtual event. Find everything you need to start fundraising on the Hunger Hike website — go to hungerhike.org.
Port of Hope (Thursday, November 5)
– Port of Hope is an evening fundraising event in support of the LUM Immigration Clinic . For many families in our community the LUM Immigration Clinic is their “Port of Hope.” Please support the work of the LUM Immigration Clinic by attending Port of Hope. Port of Hope is a festive event with lots of food from local restaurants, a Market Place featuring unique experiences and items from around the world and entertainment by musicians from around the world.
Turkey Trot 5K Run (Thursday, November 26)
– Start off your Thanksgiving day with the Turkey Trot 5K Run at 8 a.m. on the Cattail Trail Loop, Celery Bog Nature Area, West Lafayette. Runners, walkers, dogs, strollers, wagons & turkey hats are welcome. All Turkey Trot 5K Run proceeds benefit local families through the programs and services at Lafayette Urban Ministry.
Community Thanksgiving Celebration (Thursday, November 26)
– The LUM Greater Lafayette Interfaith Community Thanksgiving Celebration is on Thanksgiving Day from noon to 2 p.m. at Central Presbyterian Church (Lafayette). More than 800 people will be served dinner and dessert, and you may be a part of this special program by preparing food, volunteering or making a donation.
Jubilee Christmas (Saturday, December 12)
– LUM Jubilee Christmas serves more than 600 families impacting more than 1,800 children. Parents visit one of dozens of churches and shop for their children. In addition to the toys and clothes, each family also receives a ham and homemade cookies to make Christmas dinner special too.
COVID-19 Response – Planning for these events is well underway. LUM is monitoring the COVID-19 situation daily, and the health and safety of our participants, volunteers and staff members are the highest priority. The event planning teams are hopeful that these events will be better than ever this year, and alternative plans are being explored for virtual or mix platform programs. Check the LUM website for the most up-to-date information on each event. PLEASE – Save the dates and support LUM and these important events.