LUM Tax Assistance—Successful 2017
The LUM Tax Assistance Program appointments have ended for the 2017 tax season. Just since January, the tax program has had a tremendous positive impact on our community. As of today, the LUM tax assistance data is as follows:
- 517 – Total Income Tax Returns Filed
- $329,163 – Total Earned Income Credit
- $19,435 – Average Adjusted Gross Income
- $863,065 – Total Refund Amount
Each year LUM partners with the IRS to bring free, quality, tax return preparation services to hundreds in Tippecanoe County. LUM would not be able to offer this service without the skilled, trained volunteers—like Russ—who make this program such a success each year. The 2017 LUM Tax Assistance Program was led by Ben Murphy.
Why is the LUM Tax Assistance Program so important?
- Lower wage workers wouldn’t be able to afford having their tax returns done professionally
- Much of federal & state support for working families is offered through tax code
- If workers don’t file, significant tax credits will be left unclaimed
- Refunds boost our local economy by increasing sales and creating jobs in retail
For more information on the LUM Tax Assistance Program or how YOU can volunteer, click HERE or call 765.423.2691. To make an investment in the LUM Tax Assistance program and make a donation, click HERE.