LUM Celebrates 40 Years of Social Justice
Anniversary Party – Wednesday, May 17 | 6:30 p.m.
You are cordially invited to the
40th Anniversary of the LUM Social Justice PARTY
- Wednesday, May 17
- 6:30 p.m. — followed by the LUM Board Meeting
- LUM Office, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN
- No RSVP necessary | Free
- Refreshments and Remarks from…
- Joe Micon, LUM executive director emeritus
- Wes Tillett, LUM executive director
Join us to celebrate four decades of service, empowerment and advocacy. Tackling basic human needs. Uplifting the people of Greater Lafayette.
Engaging | Empowering | Advocating
Throughout the month of May, the 40th Anniversary of LUM Social Justice Ministry will be celebrated. In 1983, the LUM leadership began to intentionally get engaged in social justice. This decision has made a remarkable impact in advocating for our neighbors in need and lobbying for policy changes that benefit Indiana families.
Here are some of the upcoming 40th Anniversary highlights:
- PARTY – LUM will host a 40th Anniversary Party at the Board meeting on Wednesday, May 17.
- CONVERSATION with Jud Dolphin. LUM executive director emeritus who initiated the LUM social justice ministry in 1983 reflects on the beginning and gives advice on the future.
- MILESTONES – Joe Micon, executive director emeritus and former state representative, shares the historical milestones of the ministry.
- MEET the current LUM Social Justice Team, hear what they’re up to, and learn from Wes Tillett, current executive director, about the vision for ministry.
- STAR VOLUNTEER – Patti O’Callaghan is the recipient of the LUM Volunteer of the Month for May, an individual who has contributed to the ministry in many ways.
Stay tuned as LUM invites you to celebrate and learn more about LUM social justice.
A strong, public voice for Indiana families and children in need
FIND YOUR Your State Legislators
Follow this link to find out: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/find-legislators/. Every phone call and email makes a difference as we work to protect the interests of Hoosier Families!
The LUM Social Justice Team is an alliance of faith-based organizations that engages local, state and federal officials on behalf of low-income Indiana families and children as well as individuals experiencing homelessness. Thank you for helping to support Indiana Families!