LUM Celebrates 40 Years of Social Justice
Engaging | Empowering | Advocating
Throughout the month of May, the 40th Anniversary of LUM Social Justice Ministry will be celebrated. In 1983, the LUM leadership began to intentionally get engaged in social justice. This decision has made a remarkable impact in advocating for our neighbors in need and lobbying for policy changes that benefit Indiana families. Here are some of the upcoming 40th Anniversary highlights:
- PARTY – LUM will host a 40th Anniversary Party at the Board meeting on Wednesday, May 17.
- CONVERSATION with Jud Dolphin. LUM executive director emeritus who initiated the LUM social justice ministry in 1983 reflects on the beginning and gives advice on the future.
- MILESTONES – Joe Micon, executive director emeritus and former state representative, shares the historical milestones of the ministry.
- MEET the current LUM Social Justice Team, hear what they’re up to, and learn from Wes Tillett, current executive director, about the vision for ministry.
- STAR VOLUNTEER – The recipient of the LUM Volunteer of the Month for May, who has contributed to the ministry in many ways, will be announced.
Stay tuned as LUM invites you to celebrate and learn more about LUM social justice.
A strong, public voice for Indiana families and children in need
FIND YOUR Your State Legislators
Follow this link to find out: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/find-legislators/. Every phone call and email makes a difference as we work to protect the interests of Hoosier Families!
The LUM Social Justice Team is an alliance of faith-based organizations that engages local, state and federal officials on behalf of low-income Indiana families and children as well as individuals experiencing homelessness. Thank you for helping to support Indiana Families!