Let’s take a moment this New Year’s Eve to say “Cheers” to YOU and also for the LUM accomplishments of 2015. Raise a Glass…
- If you prepared a meal for the homeless and delivered it to the LUM emergency shelter;
- If you contributed to the LUM Good Samaritan Fund, helping 1,800 families to avert utility disconnect or eviction from their homes;
- If you served as a LUM tax preparer and helped return millions of dollars in refunds and credits to low-income households in our community;
- If you volunteered as a LUM Camp counselor, After School Program tutor or in one of LUM’s other excellent youth programs that are successfully narrowing the academic achievement gap;
- If you fought hunger in our community by volunteering to feed 2,200 individuals each month through St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry;
- If you walked or ran in the Hunger Hike, or worked the food line at LUM’s Community Thanksgiving meal, or contributed a toy to one of 1,800 LUM Jubilee Christmas kids.
With the heroic efforts of the LUM volunteers and the close-to-miraculous results of our fundraising activities — in 2015 LUM has impacted a record number of children and families in our community. What YOU do for LUM is so important for enabling us to accomplish our mission — and give hope to families, encourage and educate children, and be a positive force in our community
The members of the LUM board of directors and LUM staff thank you for choosing us as your partners this year — and we look forward to focusing on making 2016 an even better year — for the children and families served by LUM.