The Joy of Jubilee Christmas
Spiritual Love for Families – Christmas Joy for Children – Hope for their Future
Jubilee Christmas was this past Saturday, and it was the best EVER!
For months, members of more than 37 churches and several community groups in the Lafayette/West Lafayette community have been fundraising and collecting donations for this special day. On Jubilee Christmas day, hundreds of volunteers gather in 25 locations eager to host our Jubilee parents.
Jubilee Christmas is filled with joy, love and hope. Volunteers work one-on-one with each family throughout the event helping them shop for their children as well as wrap the gifts. Each family also receives a Christmas ham and a tray of homemade Christmas cookies.
By the end of the weekend, over 625 needy families are hosted and more than 1,700 children will enjoy a brighter Christmas morning. Most importantly Jubilee Christmas makes parents into heroes and gives their entire family hope for a better future.
Jubilee Christmas is a true community event because it could not happen without the support of hundreds of volunteers and dozens of event coordinators, donations from so many individuals and companies, and the generosity of our community’s churches. Our community came together this past Saturday and surpassed everyone’s expectations.
Check out all of the Photos from Jubilee Christmas Day 2012, click HERE.
Special Thanks to all of the Jubilee Christmas Coordinators:
- Amy Chase, Cathy Barron, Chip Goldsberry, Cindy Bull, Deb Hester, Dorothy Bethel, Emily Burgeson, Fran Haughee, Heidi Pettingill, Jackie Graser, Jackie Jones, Joan Capper, John Christopher, Julie Sudhoff, Karol Cummings, Kristi Evans, Kristy Frier, Leticia Tincoco, Liz O’Neil, Lori Choules, Margaret McClure, Marlen Slagel, Mary Ann Burns, Retta Spitznagle, Mary Finley, Mary Jo Nelson, Mary Wilkinson, Maureen Jones, Melinda Greer, Melissa Martin, Nancy Peters, Pam Detamore, Pauline Shen, Robin Vanderwalle, Ronda Kroeschen, Ruth Ann Elming, Sandie Hauser, Sandy Sweval, Sheila Hooker, Susie Riley, Willie Burgess
Special Appreciation to all of the Jubilee Christmas – Church & Community Partners:
- Bethany Presbyterian Church
- Central Presbyterian Church
- Chapel of the Good Shepherd
- Christ United Methodist Church
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of the Blessed Sacrament
- Congress Street United Methodist Church
- Dayton Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Elston Presbyterian Church
- Faith Presbyterian Church
- Federated Church
- First Baptist Church
- First Christian Church
- First United Methodist Church
- Grace United Methodist Church
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
- Immanuel United Church of Christ
- Lafayette Church of the Brethren
- Lafayette Friends Meeting
- Our Saviour Lutheran Church
- Purdue Panhellenic Association
- Riverside Covenant Church
- St. Andrew United Methodist Church
- St. Boniface Catholic Church
- St. John’s Episcopal Church
- St. Lawrence Catholic Church
- St. Mary Cathedral
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Underwood Agency
- Unitarian Universalist Church
- University Church
- Word of Life Fellowship Church
Join LUM online and help us serve children and families even better.