Hunger Hike 2022 — Needed More Than Ever
Mark Your Calendars – Sunday, September 18
Planning for Hunger Hike 2022 has begun — and all indications suggest it may be needed now more than ever. Did you know…
- Food prices increased 7.9 percent since 2021
- Food insecurity has increased among families with children and communities of color due to COVID-19
- Rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs
- Hunger in African American, Latino, and Native American communities is higher in large part due to systemic racial injustice (Source: Feeding America)
Hunger Hike is a community fundraising event whose mission is to Raise Awareness & Make a Difference in the Fight Against Hunger — locally, regionally, & globally. Hunger Hike is open to participants of all ages and abilities who share a common goal: Fighting Hunger! Mark your calendars (Sunday, September 18, 1 p.m.), check out the Hunger Hike website, recruit your team, and begin planning your fundraising. Your participation will have a much needed positive impact on eliminating hunger.
Hunger Hike is a perfect fundraising event for your group — student organization, church group, civic group, team or family. Put together a Hunger Hike team and start raising money using our online fundraising site — or any other way you choose.
All Hunger Hike proceeds directly support the Lafayette Urban Ministry food assistance programs including the two LUM Food Pantries; Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.; and St. Thomas Aquinas’ Haitian Ministry. This is YOUR opportunity to support these outstanding local organizations while engaging in a meaningful and fun community event.
We hope you’ll consider joining our Fight against Hunger. Here’s how to get started:
If you are a business owner — you also may become a Hunger Hike sponsor. For more information on how to become 2022 Event Sponsor, email email@example.com.