Program Director – LUM Tax Assistance Program
LUM has an immediate opening for the Tax Assistance Program Director. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 10, 2019.
- Director, Volunteers in Tax Assistance
- Administers VITA program including submitting VITA program applications, reports and representing LUM during site visits and audits
- Recruits volunteers to prepare taxes for low income families
- Schedules & supervises volunteer tax preparers
- E-files tax returns for some sessions
- Completes IRS paperwork for some sessions
- Reconciles some IRS rejected returns
- Responsible for outreach for EITC and free tax preparation
- Attends IRS leadership workshops and training as needed
- Compiles necessary statistics and reports
- Responsible for tax program data entry onto LUM client database
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2019.
Program Aide – LUM After School Program
LUM has immediate openings for Aides with the LUM After School Program. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Type: Part-time, paid; Pay: $15.00 per hour
Hours: NOW through May 21, 2019; 20 hours per week; 182 days per year; Monday-Friday; 2:15 – 6:15 p.m.; Schedule follows the Lafayette School Corporation calendar
- Supervise children and the program each weekday
- Assist in development and execution of daily activities
- Responsible for Transportation of children each weekday to the LUM Youth Center
- Maintain good communication with supervisor, coworkers, volunteers, and families
- Assist in daily routines such as snack distribution, outdoor activities, and daily organization and cleanliness
- Follow guidelines given for Child interaction expectations, Child Guidance and Discipline, as well as Bus driving and supervision rules
- Participate in ASP staff meetings
- Complete all LUM and State required training and screenings
- Have a strong faith dynamic as expressed by a willingness to accept and support the LUM Mission Statement
- Experience working in a school setting or with children
- Must have a valid driver’s lisence and have the ability to drive a 14-passenger bus; willing to obtain a New Hire license
- Must pass state background check
- Good verbal and written communication
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Youth Programs director, Kristi Hogue (email@example.com | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Security Staff Position – Emergency Shelter
Type: Part-time, paid
Hours: Daily – 8 p.m. to midnight or midnight to 7 a.m.
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Maintains safety of guests, volunteers and premises, a team environment modeling mutual respect, and a professional and safe environment
- Ensures compliance with Shelter Rules
- Monitors arrival, departure, activity within shelter, activity outside within three blocks of the building
- Disciplines guests who are noncompliant; refers guests to police when necessary
- Submits written reports of daily activities and incidents
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to David Heckert, LUM Emergency Shelter Director (firstname.lastname@example.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).