Gala of Hope – Experiences
Gala of Hope – Experiences – 2023
Asian Vegan Cooking Classes
- Learn to cook a selection of delicious vegetarian dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea – all from the convenience of your own kitchen. Discover creative ways to make and prepare tofu, seitan, and tempeh. Each week you will receive an ingredient list and set a set of basic prep work instructions. Classes will be held via zoom on Thursday evenings at 5:30. Josh will take you through each dish step-by-step, cooking alongside you, answering questions, and offering advice and tips on other ways to use the same basic ingredients. At the end of each class, you’ll have a wonderful meal to serve your family.
- Dates – Saturday January 20 at 2:00 for Market Tour, Thursday January 25 and February 1, 8, and 15 at 5:30 for classes.
- $120. 6 spots.
Pie Baking 101
- When you take your first bite of one of Sarah Rawlings pies, you’ll remember where, when and what flavor it was! Her pies are that good. Whether filled with silky cream fillings or juicy ripe fruits, her tender, flaky crusts are what dreams are made of. Join Sarah as she shares her baking secrets and you learn hands on how to make a perfect crust and a delicious filling. You will get to go home with a pie and an extra crust or two to try your hand at home.
- Date: TBD
- $60. 6 spots.
Tippecanoe County Courthouse Tour
- County Commissioner Tom Murtaugh will give a private, behind the scenes tour of the historic Tippecanoe County Courthouse. Enjoy a unique perspective of this local icon, including a rare glimpse of the restored clock tower and have the opportunity to see the unrivaled view of downtown Lafayette from the top of the dome! You will then head to Lafayette Urban Ministry to enjoy wine and dessert while reflecting on favorite highlights of the tour.
- Date: Thursday, August 24 at 7:00
- $40. 12 spots.
Guided Wildflower Tour of Clegg Gardens
- Clegg Memorial Gardens in Lafayette is the headquarters for NICHES Land Trust. Clegg overlooks Wildcat Creek and offers a gorgeous mix of prairie, oak savannah, and native Indiana plants and wildflowers, all cut though with a well maintained set of trails and bridges. Enjoy a personal tour of the gardens conducted by Shannon Stanis, NICHES Executive Director. Following the garden tour, you’ll be treated to wine and snacks on the beautiful (and recently updated) porch at the Clegg office overlooking the gardens.
- Date: Tuesday, September 12 at 6:30
- $40. 6 spots.
Play with Clay
- Join Scott Frankenberger in his pottery studio for an afternoon of drinks, nibbles, and a demonstration of his craft. Scott has been spinning his magic at the potter’s wheel since 1974, developing a trail of collectors spanning the globe. You will have the chance to see past and current work, learn about his techniques, and try your own hand at decorating an individual plate. Your decorated piece will subsequently be fired at a later date and returned to you. Don’t miss this chance to have your own personalized ‘Frankenberger’.
- Saturday, August 19 from 2:00 – 5:00
- $65. 6 spots.
Fall in Paris – French Dinner
- Fall is in the air and delicious French cuisine will grace the table at this lovely dinner. Thoughtfully selected and lovingly prepared by our hostess, Dr Dora Tobar, the evening will be a delightful blend of food, conversation and a certain joie de vivre. Look forward to French appetizers, wine, a two course meal, and dessert. Vive la France!
- Date: Saturday, October 28th
- $80. 10 spots.
SOLD OUT – Samara House Tour for Two
- Finished in 1956, Samara is one of the most complete Frank Lloyd Wright homes in the United States, featuring more than 40 of his architectural innovations. Your visit will include a guided tour of the home, educational lectures, and demonstrations. Please plan to spend 1 ½ hours to understand the history and architectural significance of this home. Following your purchase you will be emailed a a certificate allowing you to arrange a date for your tour directly with the Samara house curator.
- Tours are available by reservation only, Wednesday through Sunday between April 5th and November 19th, 2023.
- $80. 3 certificates.
SOLD OUT – Pontoon River Boat Ride
- Enjoy a lovely afternoon on the water. Take a 12 river-mile boat (pontoon) ride along the Tippecanoe River (from Buffalo to the Lake Shafer dam and back) with host and captain, Wes Tillett.
- Beverages and snacks provided. Life jackets are provided and stored on the boat.
- Date: Saturday, August 19 from 2:00 – 5:30. Rain Date: Sunday, August 20.
- $50. 8 Spots.