After over 18 months of planning, copy-writing, and designing, LUM is thrilled to announce the launch of the new LUM website. Many thanks to Sylvia Mohler for her work designing and maintaining the former site for several years.
The new website was produced by the new LUM webmaster, Pablo Malavenda. Additional thanks go out to Wintek Corporation for their technical support and to the LUM volunteer IT consultant, Greg Veldman.
LUM is confident that you will find our new website much easier to find what you need — and to make your connection to LUM more meaningful. The launch of the new LUM website was celebrated this week at a reception where Malavenda was able to share some of the exciting new features (pictured below).
Having a strong web-presence is vital for today’snonprofits — and LUM is thankful to all of those who have made it possible for Lafayette Urban Ministry to have (in our humble opinion) the best website around. Please take some time to browse around our new website soon—www.lumserve.org.
Highlights of the New LUM Website
- Easy to find LUM Program information
- Easy to find LUM Volunteer opportunities
- Easy to Donate online using secure PayPal links
- Online Volunteer Applications now available
- Online Registration & payment for events like Hunger Hike, HH5K Run & Follies
- Online volunteer sign up for events like the Community Thanksgiving Celebration
- Google Map to easily get directions to the LUM Office
- Language translation feature translates any page using Google Translate
- Live Weather posted for Downtown Lafayette
- Calendar of LUM Events linked to Google Calendar
- Blog posts for in depth look at LUM programs, clients, volunteers, events, staff, etc.