Volunteer with the Campaign for Hoosier Family. Here is some important information to get you started.
If your faith calls you or the members of your organization to serve the least among us, the Campaign for Hoosier Families is an opportunity to put your faith into action. Join with others to speak up for low-income Hoosier families. Individuals may also join!
Join the Campaign for Hoosier Families— a strong public voice for children and families in need.
- Impacting legislation
- Educating the public
- Conducting policy research
- Mobilizing grassroots efforts
For a list of Federal, State & Local Legislators and their contact, information, click HERE.
News & Information
- LUM Bill Watch List – To review the list of legislation that the LUM Campaign for Hoosier Families is monitoring, click HERE.
- Newsletter for Campaign for Hoosier Families. To view all newsletters, click HERE.
Work with other concerned citizens on issues that are critical to the health and well-being of Hoosier families, issues such as—
- Energy assistance
- State funding for emergency shelters
- Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC)
- Predatory lending
- Funding for food and nutrition programs
- Health care
By working together, we CAN make a difference for Indiana families! YOU can be an advocate for Hoosier families! The Campaign educates its members on effective advocacy techniques.
How to Write Your Elected officials:
- Find your legislators – click HERE
- Make your letter your own—expressing your own thoughts, on your own paper, in your own style. An original letter carries more weight than a form letter.
- Be polite-thank your elected officials for the good things they do. Offer constructive criticism when they are in error.
- Clearly state whether you are FOR or AGAINST a bill.
- Identify clearly the subject or subjects in which you are interested as well as the bill numbers.
- Be as brief as possible while stating your position.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Give the local view point—how the national or state issue would affect your community, your industry, your home. Use concrete examples to demonstrate the impact on your community.
- Letters should be reasonable and possible of accomplishment.
- Request a particular action.
- Ask for a response. You have told them where you stand now ask them where they stand.
- Personal visits, phone calls, and e-mail are also effective.
- Sending letters to the editor
- Refer to recent news article.
- Keep your letter concise.
- Don’t criticize political leaders by name.
- Give your credentials and contact information.
- Say thank you.
- Get feedback before submitting.
Your Legislators — General Information
State: www.in.gov/legislative/legislators; Find your legislators, click HERE
State Senate 800-382-9467
State House 800-382-9842
U.S. Senate: www.senate.gov
U.S. House of Representatives: www.house.gov
Federal Legislators for Tippecanoe County
Sen. Donnelly’s State Office
115 N. Pennsylvania Street Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46204
p: (317) 226-5555
f: (855) 772-7518
Sen. Young’s State Office
46 East Ohio Street – Suite 462
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Office hours 8:30am – 5:00pm
Rep. Todd Rokita (R – 4th District)
Web site: rokita.house.gov
236 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-1405
Rep. Rokita’s District Office:
337 Columbia Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
State Legislators for Tippecanoe County
Indiana Senate: (317) 232-9400 or (800) 382-9467
Indiana House: (317) 232-9600 or (800) 382-9842
Indiana State Senate or Indiana House of Representatives
200 West Washington Street
Indianapolis IN 46204
E-mail or to determine who your elected officials are:
Area State Legislators
- Rep. Tim Brown – email@example.com 1-317-232-9762
- Rep. Sheila Klinker – firstname.lastname@example.org 1-317-232-9644
- Rep. Don Lehe – email@example.com 1-317-234-2993
- Rep. Sharon Negele – firstname.lastname@example.org 1-317-232-9816
- Rep. Sally Siegrist – email@example.com 1-317-232-9606
- Senator Ron Alting – firstname.lastname@example.org 1-317-232-9494
- Senator Brandt Hershman – email@example.com 1-317-232-9471
To review the LUM Bill Watch List, a list of legislation that the LUM Campaign for Hoosier Families is watching, click HERE.
Sign up for updates from the LUM Campaign for Hoosier Families here —