Outreach is an important part of the mission of LUM; and members of the LUM professional staff actively seek opportunities to educate people on issues relating to poverty, hunger and homelessness. Directors of the various LUM programs are well-informed on social and economic issues and would like to help raise awareness in the local community on critical issues affecting low-income families.
Staff members are available to speak to church, civic, and educational groups on a variety of topics. To make arrangements for a presentation, call or email LUM (765.423.2691 | email@example.com) or email the staff person directly.
Examples of possible topics and speakers are as follows:
- The Campaign for Hoosier Families, an alliance of faith-based organizations in support of Indiana’s children and families. (Susan Brouillette, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The LUM Partnership: Touching the Future by Helping Children & Families Today (Wes Tillett, email@example.com)
- Childhood Poverty in Greater Lafayette: Cause for Alarm, Opportunities to Serve
(Wes Tillett, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Faces of Poverty: Who are the Poor & Why? (Wes Tillett, email@example.com)
- Women & Children in Poverty (Wes Tillett, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Homelessness: Reality and Myth (Briton Weise, email@example.com)