Executive Director – Lafayette Urban Ministry
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Lafayette Urban Ministry Board of Directors
Employment Status: Exempt (Full-time, Salaried)
Salary: $60,000 Starting, plus $19,200 Benefits
Location: Lafayette, IN
Start Date: April 1, 2020
Lafayette Urban Ministry is currently seeking an Executive Director. Incorporated in 1972, Lafayette Urban Ministry is an organization of more than 45 churches that serves families and children in Tippecanoe County, Indiana. The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and will have the overall strategic, operational and executive responsibility for the LUM staff and programs, as well as execution of the LUM mission and board policy.
Reporting to the LUM Board of Directors, this position requires a high level of organization, a desire to support and enrich the lives of families and children, a strong faith dynamic, including recognition of the dignity of each person and commitment to the self-determination of the poor. The Executive Director must be action-oriented, mission-driven and self-directed; must demonstrate results in building effective, inclusive relationships with leadership, volunteers, staff, corporations, government, agency executives, and other diverse stakeholders in a multicultural environment to accomplish major mission-driven outcomes. Knowledge of homeless services, childcare, food & nutrition programs, immigration services, and financial assistance programs, as well as best practices and protocol of professional social work is required.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and results in the following areas:
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited university
- Seven to ten years experience in executive management including Board development, as well as fiscal, administrative and supervisory responsibilities is required, with experience in a non-profit setting preferred
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, strong detail-oriented skills with past success working with a Board of Directors
- Successful management of financial resources, including development of operating budgets, establishing and monitoring sound internal controls, and strong accountability for all funds and property of an organization
- Ability to manage staff resources, effectively aligning structure and accountabilities to support organizational goals and the mission
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of concurrent and varying activities
- Ability to work in partnership with the board and volunteers to forge and strengthen the network of relationships with corporations, governments, agencies, and other stakeholders key to accomplishing the mission
- Must have the ability to relate to a wide variety of persons, both professional and volunteer, as well as organizations and systems, both public and private
- Willingness to work a schedule that may include evenings, weekends and travel
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking and media relations
- Good working knowledge of computers and software
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Executive Director” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 1, 2019.
For more information visit us at lumserve.org.
Lafayette Urban Ministry, 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901
Bus Driver – After School Program
LUM has immediate openings for Bus Drivers with the LUM After School Program. Please review the information below — and share with others. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Type: Part-time, paid; Pay: $20.00 per hour
Hours: Now through May 19, 2020; Monday-Friday; 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.; 5 hours per week maximum; Schedule follows the Lafayette School Corporation calendar
- Driver for 14-passenger bus. Bus drivers are needed to transport students from local schools to the LUM Ray Ewry Youth Center, 525 N 4th St., Lafayette
- Experience working in a school setting and working with children
- Valid driver’s license; Good driving record
- Online training required
- Must pass state background check
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to the LUM Youth Programs director, Kristi Hogue (firstname.lastname@example.org | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).
Security Staff Position – Emergency Shelter
Type: Part-time, paid
Hours: Daily – 8 p.m. to midnight or midnight to 7 a.m.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Maintains safety of guests, volunteers and premises, a team environment modeling mutual respect, and a professional and safe environment
- Ensures compliance with Shelter Rules
- Monitors arrival, departure, activity within shelter, activity outside within three blocks of the building
- Disciplines guests who are noncompliant; refers guests to police when necessary
- Submits written reports of daily activities and incidents
If interested—please Email, Mail or Drop-off a resume with cover letter to David Heckert, LUM Emergency Shelter Director (email@example.com | 420 N 4th Street, Lafayette, IN 47901).